3D videos are with us, and they are proving to be very popular. Their popularity is mainly attributable to the superior viewing experience they provide, compared to ordinary 2D videos. It may thus be just a matter of time before you find yourself being tempted to start enjoying the same (if you haven’t already done so). But, as you will come to learn, the truth of the matter is that you need a special ‘player’ to make full use of such 3D videos. That is because the ‘weight’ of the data that goes into the making of the 3D videos is often such that the 3D videos can only be comfortably accommodated in things like blu ray discs.
So you may basically need to have a blu ray player, if you are to enjoy 3D videos. And chances, then, are that you will find yourself having to buy one such player, if you are to get a chance to enjoy the superior viewing experience associated with 3D videos. Then, at that particular point in time, you will need to know the relevant considerations to make when buying such a video player.
Some of the pertinent considerations to make when buying a 3D player include:
- Whether the player is upward or downward compatible: generally, the more versatile the player you buy (in terms of compatibilities), the more choices you will have in terms of how to use it. If, for instance, the 3D player you ultimately opt to buy is one that is designed to be capable of reading both ordinary DVDs and blu ray discs, it will be a good purchase. That is as opposed to buying a player that is only capable of playing, say, DVDs, meaning that you can’t play 3D videos distributed through blu ray discs on it.
- Whether the player is receiving positive reviews: if the player you are considering buying turns out to be one that is receiving many positive reviews (online and elsewhere), then it is probably a good machine.
- Whether the player comes at a reasonable price: it is important for you to start by undertaking the price comparison exercise that is typically referred in common parlance as window shopping, before setting out to buy a given 3D video player. The objective would be to figure out how the cost of the player under consideration for purchase compares with the cost of other similar machines in the market. The price also has to be looked at against the features in the machine.
- Whether spares for the player are easily available: if you buy a player whose spare parts are not easily available, you will definitely be having problems when it breaks down. You thus need a 3D video player that is well supported, in terms of the availability of its spares.
- Whether the player comes with a warranty: generally speaking, a player that comes with a warranty is likely to be a better machine than one that doesn’t come with a warranty. If nothing else, the warranty is best viewed as vote of confidence from the manufacturer. It shows, in a way of speaking, that its manufacturer has no doubts regarding its soundness (technically speaking), and that the manufacturer can openly vouch for it.
Annabel Lee is an avid fan of 3D movies. She got the latest technology to make watching a super cool 3D movie a lot of fun through using a 3D video player and she has been using this 3D player for over a year.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.