LG Smart TVs are one of the most popular Smart TV devices in the world. Together with TV services such as Spectrum TV, the combination is a premium one conditioned to the needs of LG Smart TV users. Spectrum TV lets you watch at least 125 channels with free HD, thousands of on-demand titles, and an option to add premium networks under its basic plan.
As revering as this combination might seem, unfortunately, Spectrum TV has not yet coded an application that is downloadable from the LG store. Therefore, the simple answer to whether you can directly download the Spectrum app on LG Smart TV is no. Fortunately, not all is lost yet, as we will list down some ways in which you can still download the Spectrum app on your LG Smart TV. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Can You Get The Spectrum App On LG Smart TV?
You may be unable to install the Spectrum app directly from the LG store. Still, there are other alternative ways in which you can avail the Spectrum app services on your LG Smart TV. You can get the Spectrum app on your LG Smart TV by using Roku, Xbox One, or downloading an APK file.
Which TVs Are Compatible With The Spectrum App?
Suppose you own a subscription to the Spectrum TV app. In that case, you probably don’t need to worry about the compatibility of your device with the Spectrum App. The Spectrum app is compatible with almost all the latest Android, iOS, and Amazon devices. It is also compatible with Samsung Smart TV, Vizio Smart TV, Roku, and Xbox One. Although you cannot download the Spectrum app from the LG store, you can still use it by downloading the app through alternate means such as Roku, Xbox One, or downloading an APK file.
How Do I Download The Spectrum App On My LG Smart TV?
It is noteworthy to highlight the difference between simply running the Spectrum app on LG Smart TV and downloading it onto your device. You can run the Spectrum app using Google Chromecast or connect your TV to Xbox One or Roku. However, you can only download the Spectrum app on your LG Smart TV if Spectrum’s IT team develops a code for their app on the LG store. So far, they have not done so. Another slightly riskier way of downloading the Spectrum app is to install an APK file.
Spectrum TV App on LG TV using APK File
Since APK’s are slightly risky, we always recommend you install them from a reliable website. If you are ready to take the risk, here is how you download Spectrum TV App on LG TV:
- Launch any other web browser on your computer, and run a google search for “Spectrum TV Apk file.”
- Browse through the results and download the Spectrum TV APK file from a trustworthy website. Be extra careful about this step!
- After the file gets downloaded, insert a USB drive into your PC and transfer the file onto the USB stick.
- Now insert the USB which contains your APK file into your LG Smart TV.
- Using the remote, click the APK file open on your Smart TV, and an installation message will pop up.
- Click install and wait till the download gets completed.
- Once the download is complete, open the Spectrum TV app on your LG Smart TV and enjoy limitless streaming.
Spectrum TV App on LG TV with Google Chromecast
To set up the Spectrum TV App on your LG TV, Google Chromecast provides you a very convenient option. Chromecast streams the feed from your phone onto your TV screen. Since the Spectrum app does not support Chromecast, we will have to use its mirroring function. So let us see how to set it up!
- Connect Chromecast and LG TV via an HDMI cable and ensure they are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Launch the Google Home application on your phone/PC and select Chromecast device.
- Select the ‘Cast My Screen’ option when the pop-up appears and then click ‘Start now.’
- Your TV screen is now mirroring your phone screen. Open the Spectrum TV app on your phone and stream away!
Spectrum TV App on LG TV with Xbox One
You may also download the Spectrum TV app via Xbox One’s app store. Here is how you can stream using Xbox One:
- Set up your Xbox One and connect it to your LG Smart TV.
- Switch on your devices.
- Connect your Xbox One to the Internet and open its App Store.
- Go to ‘Apps’ and search for “Spectrum TV” and download it.
- Sign in to your Spectrum TV account and enjoy limitless streaming.
Spectrum TV App on LG TV with Roku
Until Spectrum develops an application for the LG store, you can use the Roku streaming device on your LG TV to stream Spectrum. Here is how you can do so:
- Connect your Roku Device to LG Smart TV.
- Switch your Smart TV on and play Roku Media Player.
- Then go to the homepage of Roku Media Player and find click the search bar.
- Find “Spectrum TV” and then click on it.
- Go to the next screen and click on ‘Add Channel.’
- Now, Spectrum TV will begin downloading. Once the download is complete, visit the channel where you downloaded it.
- Enter your account credentials to log in and explore a world full of entertainment. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Even though folks at Spectrum have not yet built an app for the LG store, those mentioned above are some of the steps through which you can access the Spectrum TV app on your LG Smart TV. Consider yourself lucky if you own a Roku device or an Xbox One. Now, you can easily access Spectrum TV on these devices so long as you connect it to your television. Even if you do not own these devices, Google Chromecast and APK give you enough options to access the Spectrum app on your LG Smart TV without hassle. So what are you waiting for?