If you own a Smart TV, buying a subscription for the Spectrum TV app should be a no-brainer. Spectrum TV is a hot and running app that lets you watch at least 125 channels with free HD, thousands of on-demand titles, and an option to add premium networks under its basic plan.
One of the finest things about the Spectrum app is that it is compatible with almost all the latest Android, iOS, and Amazon devices. You only require a stable internet connection, a subscription to the Spectrum TV app, and a Smart TV to enter the world of seamless entertainment. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Is The Spectrum App Available On Samsung/Apple/Vizio Smart TVs?
The Spectrum TV app is a widely used service. Yes, you can watch Spectrum TV on your Samsung Smart TV, Apple TV, and Vizio Smart TV. Whether you want primetime, entertainment, sports, or shows for kids, Spectrum has got it all. There is so much to explore on the Spectrum TV app. Spectrum’s compatibility with almost all TV devices makes it more special.
How Do You Watch Spectrum On Samsung Smart TV?
Yes, the Spectrum TV app is compatible with Samsung Smart TV. So to use the Spectrum on your Samsung Smart TV, you can follow these straightforward steps:
- Push the Smart Hub button on your remote and navigate your way to the Samsung App Store.
- Sign up and create a new Samsung account. If your account already exists, enter your account credentials to sign in.
- Locate the search bar in the top right corner of your screen and search for ‘Spectrum TV.’
- Click on the Spectrum TV app in the search results.
- A new screen will emerge, which will have an option for installation. Click on the ‘Install’ button and wait for the installation to complete.
- Once your download is complete, you can directly ‘Open’ the app, or you can ‘Add To Home.’ We recommend adding to home as it will pin the app on your home screen, so it is easier to locate subsequently.
- Now sign in to your Spectrum TV app with your existing account credentials. You can then start browsing all the content available to you under your Spectrum TV plan.
How Do You Watch Spectrum On Apple TV?
The Spectrum TV app is compatible with almost all Apple TV devices. So if you own a compatible Apple TV device, follow these basic steps to download and enjoy endless content:
- Establish a connection between your Apple TV device and your TV.
- Search for the App Store on Apple TV and launch the application.
- Use the search bar on App Store and type ‘Spectrum TV,’ and press enter.
- Select the Spectrum TV app, which shows in the results.
- Now, a new screen will emerge. Select the ‘Get’ option to initiate the installation of the application.
- Once the application installs, go to the home screen and launch the Spectrum TV app.
- Enter your Spectrum TV account credentials, and Bob’s the uncle! Now you can enjoy seamless streaming.
How Do You Watch Spectrum On Vizio Smart TV?
If you want to stream Spectrum TV on Vizio Smart TV, follow these steps instead:
- Make sure your Vizio Smart TV has an active internet connection.
- Press the ‘V’ button on your Vizio remote to open the app bar.
- Navigate your way through to find ‘Google Play’ and press the ‘OK’ button.
- Browse through the Google Play Store and search for the Spectrum TV app.
- Once you find it, press the ‘OK’ button again and start downloading by selecting the ‘Install App’ option.
- You can see the Spectrum app on the app bar once your download is complete. Sign in to your account and enjoy streaming!
How Can I Update The Spectrum App On My Samsung Smart TV?
Updating the Spectrum app is a simple process on Samsung Smart TV. Just follow these instructions:
- Press the ’Smart Hub’ key and go to ‘Featured.’
- Applications that have an update available mark a small white arrow with a blue background. If Spectrum app is also marked, press and hold the ‘Enter’ key until a sub-menu appears.
- Select the ‘Update App’ option. Now you have to wait until the update is complete.
Is Apple TV Free With Spectrum?
Apple TV is a separate device that does not come along with a Spectrum TV plan. Therefore, the implication that Apple TV is free with Spectrum is false. However, the company has announced an Apple TV 4K deal for their subscribers. Users who have subscribed for Spectrum TV and Spectrum Internet can receive an Apple TV 4K at the affordable rate of $7.50 per month for 24 months (excluding taxes). This deal amounts to $180 for the 32GB model.
Where Is Google Play On Vizio Smart TV?
You can access Google Play on your Vizio Smart TV only if it features VIA or VIA+. VIA stands for Vizio Internet Apps or Apps Plus. So if your Smart TV does not feature VIA, you may not find Google Play. Below, you can find a timeline that will help you figure out whether your Vizio TV is VIA supported:
- 2018 and onwards: All Vizio smart TVs feature SmartCast.
- 2016-2017: Vizio smart TVs feature either VIA+ or SmartCast.
- 2015 and earlier: Vizio smart TVs feature VIA+ or VIA.
Can I Add An App To My Vizio Smart TV?
Do not worry if your Vizio Smart TV is not VIA supported. SmartCast offers an equally simple solution to add or remove apps on your Vizio Smart TV. You can follow these steps to learn how:
- Download any Chromecast-enabled app you wish to add to your phone.
- To cast this app, click on the cast logo (it is the same logo Chromecast uses).
Once you begin casting, your SmartCast TV starts playing the content, and you can use your smartphone for literally any activity without interrupting cast on your TV screen. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
It might be tricky to stream Spectrum TV with the particular device you own due to the intricacies involved in various types of TV devices available. However, by following the comprehensive methods described above, you can stream the Spectrum TV app on any one of the Smart TVs you may own. We hope this guide helps you enjoy your Spectrum TV subscription to its fullest.