The Spectrum TV app allows you to watch On-Demand content and live TV without spending lots of money. You can also schedule recordings, search for your favorite content, and much more. But there are times when the app can refuse to work. In this article, we provide simple tips that you can use to fix your Spectrum TV app.
How do I fix my Spectrum TV app? You should start by checking whether Spectrum services are available in your area and your internet connection is stable and reliable. If they are OK, consider whether you should adjust or switch off your app’s parental controls or use a VPN. You may need to power-cycle your devices, update the app, or reinstall it if the other methods don’t work.
It might appear challenging to fix your Spectrum TV app, but it isn’t. Read on for everything you need to solve the issue in a few minutes. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Why is My Spectrum App Not Working on My Smart TV?
There are several reasons the Spectrum TV app is not working on your smart TV. You need to understand them to be able to choose the most suitable troubleshooting solution. Here are the most common reasons:
- Internet and service availability Issues: If your internet speed is below 10 Mbps, the app won’t function continuously. You can also experience similar issues if the internet keeps fluctuating.
- Location: Location matters, as well. If you are streaming away from home, some of your channels and content won’t stream. Besides, the service is geo-restricted, meaning you may not access it in some countries or regions.
- Service outage: What’s more, service outrage can affect the app’s performance.
- Device Problem: The device you are using to connect your system to the internet can hinder the transmission of the signals. In most cases, users experience this when the device’s cache is corrupt, preventing it from launching as required. These devices can also interfere with other internal functions.
- Software bugs: Heavy use of the Spectrum TV app can cause errors like RGE-1001 over time. Some malware attacks, low device storage capacity, and the use of outdated apps can also trigger the fabrication of errors that can corrupt the app and hinder it from working on your smart TV.
- Unsuitable Settings: If some channels and On-Demand videos are not working, you or someone else might have enabled Parental Control. This feature is designed to block content that parents consider inappropriate for their kids or other people to access.
How Do I Fix My Spectrum TV App?
1. Check Service Status
Start by confirming whether Spectrum services are functioning in your region to understand whether the problem is on your side or not. The perfect way to do this is to go to the Spectrum Storm Center’s lower right-hand corner and use the Ask Spectrum chat window.
If Spectrum services are available in your location, you can move on to the next step.
2. Check Your Internet Speed
Find out whether you are getting the recommended speed. Depending on the quality of content you’re trying to access, you might need more than 50 Mbps. You might also need to be on a less crowded channel.
- You can ask your internet service provider to give you the needed information.
- Alternatively, take a free speed test online.
Several reliable websites can offer you this service. All you need to do is conduct a simple online search, and you’ll find lots of them.
- You also need to ensure your VPN, other electronic devices, or any other issue is not causing the problem (We shall take a deep look at how to fix streaming buffer when talking about what to do when Spectrum App keeps buffering).
3. Adjust the Parental Controls
To modify or switch off the parental controls, you need to do the following:
- On the Spectrum TV app, go to Setting
- Select Parental Controls
- Modify the filters or switch the controls off
4. Use VPN to Stream
If Spectrum services are not available in your geographical location, you can consider using a VPN to stream. It’ll mask your identity and present location and give you access to the service. You can buy a subscription plan from a premium service provider or use a free one, depending on your needs.
5. Power-Cycle Your Device
Since corrupt launch configurations and software bugs are a common culprit, you need to power-cycle your smart TV by doing this:
- Unplug the streaming device, your internet router, and the cable box from the power outlet
- Long press the Power button on each of these devices for 15 seconds
- Power on the devices
- Wait for the system to get connected to the internet
- Try streaming your favorite content with the Spectrum TV app
If the issue persists, you should go ahead and update the app on your smart TV. It’s simple. (We shall look at this in detail towards the end).
6. Reinstall the Spectrum TV App
If you can’t update the app, it might be best to reinstall it. This can remove all corrupt files and software bugs. Follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall the latest version of the app:
- Go to the Smart TV’s Home screen
- Scroll to Settings
- Go to Device and then select Apps
- Click on Downloaded Apps and then on Spectrum TV
- Select Uninstall
- Click on OK
- Once the uninstallation is complete, go to Play Store
- Click on the Spectrum TV app and launch it
Remember to refer to your user’s manual if you need more.
Spectrum App Keeps Buffering, What to Do?
If the Spectrum TV app keeps buffering, here’s what you should do to solve it quickly:
- Check your internet speed: Use free online tools or ask your trusted service provider.
- Close unnecessary applications: Apps running in the background or idles ones compete for bandwidth with your streaming device
- Reboot your router: Press the power button on the router’s back twice or log into the ISP’s official page, go to Settings, and reboot the router.
- Find the right spot for the router: Use a WIFI analyzer to determine the right spot.
- Install updates: Outdated software can hinder the transmission of internet signals or allow malware to decrease the connection speed.
- Restart your device: This helps to eliminate connectivity errors.
- Keep your router away from other electronics: Other electronic devices may interfere with router signals.
- Change the channel: If your channel is overcrowded, consider changing it to a 5 GHz band (a 2.4 GHz band is not ideal, especially in highly populated areas).
Spectrum App Keeps Closing, What to Do?
If your Spectrum app may keep closing, ensure your internet connection is reliable. If that’s not the issue, update the app. You should also feel free to uninstall and reinstall the app, though you might lose your cache, logins, and data. If that fails, power-cycle your device, as we’ve seen above.
Spectrum App Keeps Freezing, What to Do?
Please turn off your device and wait for 60 seconds, and then turn it on. If that doesn’t help, update the Spectrum app on your smart TV or uninstall and reinstall it.
Why Won’t My Spectrum App Work on My Roku?
The contract that allowed the Spectrum app to work on Roku devices expired on December 11, 2020. The change prevents new downloads of the app on these devices. However, if you ever used the Spectrum TV app on Roku before the end of the contract, you can reach out to Spectrum for support.
How Do I Update My Spectrum App on My Smart TV?
We promised to talk about this before we end. Since an outdated Spectrum TV app can cause most of the issues we’ve seen above, it’s great to learn how to update the app on your smart TV. Here’s how you can do that in no time:
- Power on your smart TV and select Apps
- Go to Google Play Store
- Click on Settings
- Select Auto Update Apps
- Click on Auto-Update Apps at any time
Note: This process might differ slightly depending on the make of your TV. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Spectrum TV app not working can cause a lot of confusion and throw your planned relaxing and entertainment into a nightmare. Now you can prevent such a bad experience since you’ve read this article and know how to fix the app with ease in a few minutes. If none of these solutions are working, you can contact Spectrum TV support for advanced troubleshooting tips.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.