LG makes commercial-grade TVs; that is why many hotels use the brand within their rooms. However, if the TV is locked in LG’s “Hotel Mode,” then the TV is going to be useless to you during your stay at the hotel. Hotel Mode is a default setting for LG TVs that disables many options on the set, including channel searching and initial setup.
As the name suggests, it is used by hotels to restrict their customers from watching “unwanted” content and messing with their televisions. This mode is quite frustrating and if you want to unlock your hotel TV and make your experience worthwhile, then continue reading this guide. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Do All LG TVs Have A Hotel Mode?
Newer TVs from LG contain the “Hotel Mode” setting that can be toggled. The Hotel TV’s line from LG has “Hotel Mode” in all of its TVs, while most of its other TVs also have the “hotel Mode” setting.
How To Unlock LG TV Hotel Mode Without The Remote?
There are two ways to disable the hotel mode in your hotel TV without using a remote. The first one is very easy and is described in the steps below:
- Unplug the TV from the hotel’s network by checking if it is connected to anything other than a power source.
- If it is connected to any other cable, then detach that cable, and the TV will likely be free of hotel mode.
- Make sure to reattach the cables when you check out.
The second way to unlock your TV is by downloading an app on your smartphone. The steps for this way are described below:
- Download a “universal remote” app from the Appstore of your smart device. Make sure that this remote app is a working app by checking the reviews on the app.
- After downloading the correct app and making sure it works with your hotel TV, find the “INSTART” option in the app.
- This option will ask for a passcode. For LG TVs, the passcode is either “0000,” “0413,” or “1105” (if the hotel operators have changed this passcode, then this method cannot work).
- You will face an “installation” menu after inputting the correct passcode. Choose a desirable setting and exit the hotel mode.
- Make sure not to tinker with the device carelessly. If you change a setting, you should be able to change it back. If you accidentally change something irreversible, then the hotel might charge you for that.
How To Unlock LG TV Hotel Mode With The Remote?
Having a remote makes things a bit easier for you. There are two ways to unlock an LG TV from its hotel mode using a remote. However, the first thing you should do in any case is to download the TV’s manual from the web and explore it if any of the steps below feel ambiguous. You can apply this general trick to any hotel TV that you find on your travels.
The first way and its steps are described below:
- Use the TV remote and press the “Settings” or the “Home” button for 5 seconds.
- You must quickly enter the code “1105” after those 5 seconds pass.
- This will give you access to the hotel mode setup page.
- From this page, you can select your desired settings and leave the hotel mode.
- Make sure to revert to the original settings when you are checking out from the hotel.
The second way for using the remote to unlock the TV is given below:
- This way involves pressing and holding the “menu settings” button.
- Hold it for 20 seconds, after which a menu setup will appear onscreen. Ignore this pop-up and continue holding on to the button.
- When this dialogue box disappears, release the menu button and enter “2663” into the TV.
- Turn off the “D box” option on this new page and restart the TV.
- The hotel mode will be disabled as the TV is restarted.
How To Unlock An Old LG TV From A Hotel Mode?
Older TVs use a different OS and thus require different ways to unlock them. There are different ways for each model; however, the steps given below show a general guideline to unlocking an older LG TV.
- Press the “menu” buttons on the TV and remote alternatively for 7 seconds.
- The factory menu will appear. Select the “LG hotel setup” option and toggle it.
- Toggle it to a “no” and select ok.
- Press the “menu” button again and turn off the TV. Restart it and enjoy the unlocked version of the older LG TV.
How Do I Access My Hotel TV Settings?
Hotel TV settings can be accessed in many different ways depending on whether you have a remote or not.
- If you do have a remote, then you can access the settings by following the steps given for “unlocking a TV with a remote.” Normally this involves holding down some buttons and entering a few built-in codes.
- In case you do not have a remote, then to access its “hotel mode” settings, you have to download a universal remote or carry a physical universal remote with you during your travels.
How Do I Reset My LG Hotel TV?
To do a hard reset on your TV, you can hold the power button for ten seconds. A hard reset can rid the TV of any locks and passwords on it. If this does not work, you can switch the TV off, locate its battery pack from the back panel, and remove it. Keep it removed for a couple of hours, and then reinstall it. This is likely to work; however, it is not recommended as you would be fiddling with a hotel’s TV. Any wrong move is likely to cost you.
How Do I Reset My LG TV To A Hotel Mode?
Press the menu/home button for ten seconds. The menu will appear and disappear, and the channel list will appear. Enter “1105,” and you would enter the installation menu. In this menu, you can toggle between hotel modes.
How Do I Get The Hidden Menu On My LG TV?
The installation menu is the hidden menu. It is described in the above questions and can be easily accessed by pressing a few buttons.
How Do I Unlock The Input On My Hotel TV?
You can unlock the input by pulling out any extra cables attached to the TV. Check the back of the Tv and remove any cables (other than the power source). This will unlock HDMI input and other inputs as well. You would have to restart the TV after detaching the cables. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
As the TVs get smarter, organizations like hotels and hospitals have more control over what their customers/patients view. However, to get the full experience of the TV, you need to unlock it yourself. Read all the different methods carefully and try applying some to your case. Not all will work for each model as these methods are different from model to model. However, these methods indicate the general direction you should operate in to unlock your TV from hotel mode.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.