The Vizio soundbar offers audiophiles a great way to amplify sound from external sources because they are easy to maintain and use. Many people who do not have an entire speaker system but are keen on getting the best sound are often eager to use these soundbars. Nevertheless, they would want to know how to resolve the different problems with these devices first. Since I understand their concern, I conducted extensive research on this subject.
So, what are the different problems with the Vizio soundbar? Most issues with the Vizio soundbar stem from the device connected to or are a result of interference from nearby objects. In some instances, the hitches can be with the sound bar’s settings or software.
Managing the problems with the Vizio soundbar may appear challenging. Nonetheless, the availability of simple troubleshooting techniques makes it simple. Keep reading for detailed information on how you can solve the issues without struggling and spending much. Check out the list of the most Reliable Vizio Soundbars on Amazon now!
Why isn’t my Vizio Sound Bar Working?
If your Vizio soundbar is not working, there could be a problem with the soundbar itself. For example, if the soundbar is loosely connected to the AC outlet, it will likely not power on no matter what you do. You can also experience the same problem if the outlet is defective or the circuit breaker has been blown. What’s more, objects between the soundbar and the remote control can also block signals and cause connection problems.
A Vizio soundbar can also fail to produce the desired volume if it has been muted or the audio setting has been improperly set up. Moreover, the device can let you down if you have connected it to the defective device. In a few cases, it could have a technical problem that requires a trained technician’s attention.
How to Fix Vizio Sound Bar not Working Problem?
There are several ways to fix your Vizio soundbar, and they depend on the type of problem you are experiencing. Here are the best ways to solve different hitches with the device:
Vizio Sound Bar Fails to Turn On
Here are simple ways to solve this connection problem:
- Check connections: Push the power-cord connectors to connect the devices into the AC outlet firmly.
- Try a different device: If the above method fails, look for another device that works on the same power outlet. Carefully observe the outcome. If the new device fails to turn on too, the outlet is most likely defective. So, you most probably need to repair or replace it.
- Eliminate signal blockages: Ensure your remote is less than 15 feet away from the Vizio soundbar. If you find any objects in between them, remove them. You can also try replacing your batteries if neither of these options works.
If you are getting no audio at all, do the following:
- Check the volume: Ensure the volume on the soundbar isn’t muted. Also, turn it up, if necessary.
- Assess the audio settings: Check whether your external device’s setting is set up to produce audio through a soundbar. Many TVs are exclusively set up to output sound through their inbuilt speakers. So, they cannot produce sound despite your efforts to connect them properly until you correctly modify the settings.
- Check the Input: If nothing happens after following the above steps, press “Input” to switch the input audio. You should do this until you see the input you require for your external device appears on the soundbar screen.
Buzzing or Static Sound
Some of the above tips can also help you here. Let’s see how to resolve this:
- Check the cables: Push the audio cables to firmly connect the soundbar and external devices into place.
- Use another input cable: Connect your cable to another input on the Vizio soundbar, and if this fails, replace it. Defective connecting cables often cause these types of sounds. If switching the input solves the problem, the soundbar is defective. In this case, contact Vizio support to fix it professionally.
- Remove interfering objects and devices: Check whether some objects or devices are sending wireless signals away from the soundbar. Wireless routers, cell phones, and baby monitors are some that commonly cause this type of problem.
How Do I Reset Vizio Soundbar?
If the above methods don’t seem to solve the problem, you should consider resetting your Vizio soundbar. This is how you should do that:
- Turn the soundbar off
- Disconnect the power supply for at least 10 seconds
- Reconnect the AC cable
That is all you need to do clear the settings on the Vizio soundbar and restore the device to its factory settings.
Can a Vizio sound Bar Work with a Samsung TV?
Yes, the Vizio soundbar can work with a Samsung TV. You can use digital optical cable, RCA cable, or coaxial cable. You can also set up a wireless connection if your soundbar has a Bluetooth pairing feature. However, most users consider HDMI the best option.
How to Connect Vizio Sound Bar to Samsung TV
Here is how you can use HDMI cables to connect the Vizio soundbar to your Samsung TV:
- Unpack the Vizio soundbar: Remove your new soundbar from the original packing. Be sure you have the mounts, cables, screws, and manuals in the package.
- Connect HDMI cable to the sound bar’s HDMI OUT: This allows users to connect the device via HDMI.
- Connect the other side to the HDMI 1 port on the TV’s back: This enables Samsung TVs to transmit audio signals.
- Connect the Vizio soundbar to power: Connect the Power port to the power cable on the Vizio sound bar’s back.
- Select “HDMI”: Use the sound bar’s remote to select “HDMI” as the input method.
How Do I Turn on My Vizio Sound Bar on My TV?
The most common way is to reach out to your soundbar remote control and press the start button for a short while. However, you can also automatically turn on the device whenever you turn on your TV. Follow these simple steps:
- Connect the HDMI cable to the TV’s ARC port (from HDMI OUT)
- Press “Source” on the soundbar or remote for 2 seconds for the source to change to TV ARC automatically
- Press the right direction on the remote for a few seconds to either deactivate or activate Anynet+
How Do I Get My Sound Bar to Turn On/Off with My TV?
If the Vizio soundbar doesn’t turn on and off with your HDMI-connected TV, do the following:
- Turn on the HDMI control of the TV by pressing the “Home” button, selecting “Settings,” and setting the external inputs on
- Turn on the HDMI setting’s auto power-off function
- Turn on the Vizio sound bar’s control for HDMI
- Turn on the HDMI settings related to the auto power-off feature to auto.
Does Vizio Sound Bar Turn Off Automatically?
Vizio soundbar can turn off automatically in some situations. It comes with Energy Star settings that can automatically trigger the sound bar to power down after an extended period of inactivity when it is activated.
However, if you disable it, your Vizio soundbar will remain operational until you choose to turn it off.
To either enable or disable this vital function, you should press and hold the “Power and Volume Down” buttons for at least five seconds.
Why Does Vizio Sound Bar Turn Off By Itself?
Vizio soundbar can turn off by itself because it has the Auto Standby function. If you or someone else actives it, the sound bar will enter a standby mode or turn itself off after about 15 minutes to reduce the power consumption.
Why Does my Vizio Sound Bar Keep Cutting Out?
The audio can intermittently go out if your cables are broken or failed. Dirty contacts can cause the same problem. There could also be a problem with the soundbar or the external devices.
Can I Leave My Vizio Sound Bar on All the Time?
You can leave your Vizio soundbar on all the time if you choose. Nonetheless, it is not a wise option. Like other audio devices, you increase the risk of the soundbar getting damaged. The soundbar can also get overheated when you are not around and cause a fire hazard. The practice can also lead to unnecessary use of energy.
However, if you have a noble reason for keeping the device on all the time, you can do it without any difficulty.
How Do I Make My Vizio Sound Bar Always Stay On?
You can make your Vizio soundbar always stay on by doing this:
- Check the Auto Standby function: Turn it off.
- Check the Control for HDMI function: If the soundbar automatically turns off, this feature is active. Please turn it off too.
- Reset the Sound Bar: If the above methods fail, the soundbar might have temporarily malfunctioned. Reset it using the method we outline above.
Vizio soundbar lets you amplify audio from external devices without spending a lot of money and time. Once you have it, you have nothing to worry about, whether you have a complete speaker system or not. However, you need to understand how to troubleshoot or reset the sound bar to prevent the different problems we have discussed from ruining your fantastic experience.