Your Apple App Store is designed to give you a convenient way to use or shop for the latest Apple accessories and products like apps. If you run into any situation where it can’t work, you can’t like the experience. The good news is that there are a few things that you can do to fix the Apple App Store that isn’t working fast.
What to do if your Apple App Store isn’t working? Restart your Apple TV, sign out, restart, and sign in to your account. Go to Settings >Accounts>App Store>Sign Out>Restart your Apple TV by going to Settings>System>Restart. Then sign back in by entering your Apple ID and password. Also, check for software updates, check whether you have strong internet, and then check the time and date setting. Lastly, you can factory reset your Apple TV.
We recommend that you follow the right steps to avoid wasting time. Keep reading for the exact steps that you require to fix the issue fast. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Why Can’t I Download Apps On My Apple TV?
To fix your Apple app store not working issue, you should clearly understand why you can’t download apps on your Apple TV.
Here are the top reasons you can’t download apps on your Apple TV:
Software bugs and configurations issues: Like most apps, your Apple App Store might stop working due to software errors and glitches. Most of these are temporary errors that can quickly clear, but you need to use tried-and-tested tricks to solve others.
Outdated tvOS: Apple requires users to install the latest version of the tvOS software for safety reasons. The manufacturer often stops supporting outdated TV operating systems after some time, which can adversely affect your Apple App Store in numerous ways.
Weak internet: Your Apple App Store requires a strong internet connection to perform various tasks. The size of the apps you are trying to download can also directly affect the store’s functionality.
Inaccurate date and time setting: Apple App Store won’t function if the time and date settings are misleading.
What to Do If My Apple App Store Isn’t Working?
If your Apple App Store isn’t working, here are the steps you should follow to troubleshoot and fix the issue:
1. Restart your TV
Restarting your Apple TV could help to fix many software-related errors. There are three main ways to restart it.
- Navigate to restart: Go to Settings on your Apple TV. After that, select System. Finally, choose Restart. Use your supplied Apple TV remote: Long press the Menu and Home buttons together (continue till the Apple TV status light flashes).
- Disconnect and reconnect: After disconnecting the TV from the power outlet, wait for 10 seconds. Once you’ve done that, reconnect the device to the power source.
If this fails to resolve your problem, go on to the next step:
2. Sign Out, Restart, and Sign It
To do this, you should:
- Go to Settings and then Accounts.
- Navigate to App Store.
- Choose Sign Out.
- Restart your Apple TV.
- Follow the first two steps and choose sign-in.
- Enter your Apple ID and password.
If the process persists after that, you could be running an outdated version of tvOS. Move on to the next step to see how you can address this.
3. Check for tvOS Updates
Here are the ways you should check and update the version of tvOS you are using:
- Go to Settings on your Apple TV.
- Navigate to System and then Software Updates.
- Select Update Software.
- If you find an available update, click on Download and Install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
The best way to resolve update issues is to turn on automatic updates. If you do this, you won’t need to follow the five steps above. In other words, new updates will be installed without your direct intervention.
To activate automatic updates, you should do this:
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Navigate to System and then Software Updates.
- Enable Automatic Update.
If your Apple TV fails to update after using at least one of these methods, you should troubleshoot internet issues.
4. Ensure You Have a Reliable Internet
Here are essential things that you can do to troubleshoot and fix internet problems:
- Move your router closer to your Apple TV, if possible. Ensure there are no objects between the TV and your wireless router.
- If that fails to give the desired result, restart your wireless router. You can do this by plugging the device from the power outlet. Please wait for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.
- If number two fails, consider using an Ethernet cable to connect your Apple TV to your router.
- Contact your internet service provider. Get to know whether there’s an outage in your area.
5. Check your Time and Date Setting
Ensure the time, and date settings are perfectly accurate. Here’s how you can do this:
- Head over to Settings on your Apple TV.
- Go to General.
- Navigate to Date and Time.
- If the time or date is incorrect, adjust it accordingly.
In most cases, you don’t need more than this to fix your Apple TV isn’t working issue. If they fail to help you, stubborn software errors or complex configuration issues could be the underlying cause of the problem. The right way to fix such issues is to reset your Apple App Store. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
How Do I Reset My Apple App Store?
If you want to reset your Apple TV and erase everything, you should follow the steps below.
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings.
- Navigate to System and then proceed to Reset or Reset and Update. If you choose Reset, you’ll reset the device. To reset and update your Apple TV, you should choose Reset and Update.
Remember that you should be connected to the internet if you want to reset and update the device.
Whether Apple TV downloads won’t start or downloads are taking forever or freezes and get stuck, you can follow the tips above to troubleshoot the underlying cause of the problem and fix it. We’ve covered all the vital potential causes of these troubles and how to solve each of them. You can see why we say nothing should scare you if your Apple App Store isn’t working. In case nothing seems working, you can reset your Apple App Store. If you’ve done all these without success, seek the help of a professional.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.