|84LM9600 Ultra High Definition TV. (Credit LG)|
If I were you I would not hold off a purchase and wait around for the Ultra High Definition TV’s to go on sale for a few reasons.
- While no pricing for US stores has been announced, pricing in Australia was at $15,999, so I’m certain the price will be way up there for those of us in the US. For comparison, Sharp is making a normal Full HD 90″ 3D tv which retails for $10,000. Update: LG announced a price tag of $19,999 for the 84LM9600 and it should be hitting stores around November.
- This technology was really designed for the Movie Theater Industry so they could have HD movies on a big screen.
- Few products currently have a Ultra HD or 4K designation. While the number may grow next year price may still be an issue. Remember the cost of the first Blu-Ray players and movies?
Still, this gives us something to look forward to seeing in the future.His a link to some information about 4K movies.
UPDATE 12 Mar, 2012: Sony announced a reasonably sized model. The XBR55X900A is a 55″ 3D HDTV. It has an interesting speaker setup, two forward firing speakers on each side of the screen. It also sports a LED back light Motionflow™ XR 960, wireless smartphone mirroring technology. Samsung’s 6400 has the same mirroring technology using it’s iPhone app. It’s great for those who get the call of nature in the middle of an important game.
Latest posts by Robert E Kraus (see all)
- Everything You Need To Know About 4K TVs - October 24, 2017
- Here Come 4K Broadcasts from Fox Sports, Starting February 17th for DirecTV Clients - February 21, 2017
- Top 6 Things People Connect to a HDTV - April 23, 2014