Gameshare features have been a standout in the Xbox series by Microsoft. These features allow you to share your gaming library or an Xbox Live Gold membership with your friends and family. Similarly, with this feature, you can gain access to your friends’ library too!
These features allow you to play a greater number of games and access more content while not breaking your gaming budget. With the new updates being rolled up by Microsoft, gamers all over the world are concerned about whether this option will stay or will be removed. This article will answer all your questions regarding the Gameshare features in the year 2021. Check out the list of the Best Xbox Games on Amazon now!
Can You Still Gameshare On Xbox One In 2021?
You can certainly share your games with another Xbox console even after the 2021 updates. Microsoft has not yet scrapped this option, and it does not plan to do so soon. You can use the Gameshare features on the Xbox one, the Xbox One S, and the Xbox One X as well! To find out how to set up the Game-sharing feature on your Xbox and the partner Xbox, you can read the next question.
How To Gameshare On Xbox One?
There are strict steps that you need to follow in order to successfully pair your account with the partner account. Follow the steps given below to achieve a successful painting.
- Sign into your Xbox live account after you have turned on the Xbox One. Usually, this will not be your first time signing in, so there will be no additional pop-ups. Therefore, you can move on to the next step without doing anything else.
- Press the “X” button or the “Xbox” button on your controller. Go to the far-left side of this new window that has just opened up on your screen.
- Select the “add new” option on this far left side by pressing the “A” button on it.
- Either type in the partner account in this new pop-up yourself or give the controller to the owner of the account. After the new account has been entered, press “A” to continue.
- Now that this new account has been added, you would be brought back to the home screen. Go to the far-left side of the screen again and select the newly added account by pressing “A” on it.
- Sign into this account again by pressing “A”.
- Now you would be using this account. You need to press the “Xbox” button on the controller to access the settings of this account.
- In the settings, click on “personalization”. You need to make this account into your home Xbox. Click on the “My home Xbox” option and press “A” to finalize your choice.
- You need to repeat all of these steps on the partner Xbox. Make sure to use your account on your friend’s Xbox to complete the pairing. You must repeat steps 1-8 on their Xbox, but with your Xbox Live account.
You need to remember that the person you are sharing your Xbox Live credentials with will be able to see all your personal information. Therefore, it is recommended that you Gameshare with a person that your trust. That can either be one of your family members or a close friend that you know is trustworthy.
Another thing that gamers must know before using the Gameshare feature is that Gameshare only works for digital copies of the games and not physical copies. Physical copies can only work with one console at a time since the Xbox actually uses the CDs to extract the information from them in real-time. Therefore, if you want to access a game that your friend has a physical copy of, it is better to just get the disc from him rather than going through the Gameshare steps.
To stop the Gameshare feature, you can change your Xbox Live password. You can also remove your partner’s account from your console and your account from the partner’s console to stop this feature. It is important to know how to stop this feature as you may need it if you feel like your friend is infringing your privacy.
Can You Share Xbox Live Gold?
Yes, with the Gameshare options, you can even share your Xbox Live Gold membership. The perks of this membership will only be shared if you complete the pairing process by properly following all of the steps given in the question above.
How Do I Share My Xbox Gold With My Family?
You can follow the nine steps given above to pair the two accounts. You can ask the family member’s account and input it into your Xbox One, and then you can input your account into their Xbox One. After the pairing process has been completed, the two Xboxes can share the perks of the gold membership. This is just part of the Gameshare features that are unlocked when you finish pairing up the two Xboxes with each other.
Can Two Players Play On One Xbox Live Account?
If you are playing a multiplayer game on the same Xbox, then two players can play on the same Xbox Live account. However, if you want to input your account into another Xbox and then keep on playing with that same account on your own Xbox, that is impossible. The same username cannot be in two different places at one time. The other Xbox needs to be uniquely marked and identified by Microsoft. That can only happen if each user logs in with a unique Xbox Live account on their Xbox One.
How Many Times Can You Gameshare On Xbox?
Once the account has been set up, you can play as many games as possible from each other’s libraries. You can also play these games any number of times that you want. However, it can only be shared between the two paired accounts and no one else. If you want to pair with another friend, then that is also possible. However, you can only change the “My home Xbox” option five times per year. So, you have to be careful when you are removing an account and wasting this option.
Can I Play Xbox One Away From Home?
If you do not have your Xbox with you, then you cannot play it. This means that it has to be physically present for you to play games on it. However, changing location settings is a tricky option whereby you can fool Microsoft servers into believing you are not where you actually are. However, it is unadvisable to do that as it has its own intricacies.
Can You Get Banned For Game Sharing On Xbox?
You will only get banned from game sharing if you change the “My home Xbox” option more than five times within a year. This means that you have changed accounts frequently and will be banned for a year. You would not be able to pair with another account as long as this ban lasts. Check out the list of the Best Xbox Games on Amazon now!
The Gameshare option is pretty useful once you get the hang of it. This article expresses all the key steps required to access the Gameshare features. Make sure to share with someone trustworthy, or else they may try to infringe your privacy.