Hisense is a Chinese company that has made its name by providing amazing electronic products for several decades. It has been around since the sixties and has many consumers across the world.
How to connect your Hisense TV to WiFi without the remote? You can connect a mouse and a keyboard via the USB cable to your TV and use them instead of the remote. If your smartphone supports infrared signals, you can use your phone as a remote to connect to WiFi. If your TV model has a joystick control panel, you can use it to navigate to WiFi settings. You can also use an Ethernet cable to connect your TV directly to WiFi router without the remote.
It has countless functions and specifications, so sometimes, it may be difficult to navigate through its settings without a remote control. Check out the best streaming sticks on Amazon that won’t let you down!
How to Connect Hisense TV to Wi-Fi Without a Remote?
If you have lost your TV’s remote control or for some reason, it is not working, then this article is for you! Read this section to navigate through the Wi-Fi settings of your Hisense TV without a remote control.
There are a couple of different ways to connect your TV to a Wi-Fi network, given that you do not have remote control available at the moment. This section covers these methods in a step-by-step format. The easier methods are given first for your convenience.
1. Using A Mouse and Keyboard
It is difficult to navigate your TVs settings without some input devices. If you find yourself in a situation where you do not have a remote control, you can always connect other input devices to your TV to control it.
In this solution, you can connect some easy-to-use input devices to your TV: the keyboard and the mouse. Although a wired input device might cause relative unease in terms of remoteness, they will get the job done.
You will be connected to a Wi-Fi network with the use of these input devices, and once you start streaming something online, you may remove the keyboard and the mouse as you would not need them anymore.
Follow the steps below to find out how to use a keyboard and mouse with your Hisense TV.
- Insert the mouse and keyboard into your TV via the USB ports given on the sides of your TV. Make sure that you have put the correct side of the USB connector into the port; otherwise, the connector won’t go in.
- Once both of the USB connectors (of the keyboard and the mouse) are connected successfully, you can move on to the next step.
- The TV will load the drivers of both of these devices, and you will be able to use them almost instantaneously. You would see your mouse cursor move on your TV screen.
- Select the “Settings” options by moving your mouse to that option and clicking on it.
- Click the “Network” option on the screen that just popped up.
- Click on the “Network Configuration” option that will be available in the list of options.
- Select the Wi-Fi network that you want to connect to from the list of available Wi-Fi networks.
- Enter the password via the keyboard that you have just connected to your TV.
- Click on the “Connect” button, and the process should hopefully be complete.
- Check the browser (or any other internet-connected app) to see if your connection was successful.
If you do not have these simple input devices available, then do not worry. We have two other ways for you to explore as well.
2. Using Infrared Signal from Smartphone
Most of the devices that use remotes have an Infrared sensor on them that is used by the TV to detect inputs from the remote. Many Android phones in the market have an infrared sensor built into them.
Users can take advantage of this sensor quite easily by using Remote apps such as MiRemote, which has support for a wide range of devices. Simply download the app and follow the on-screen instructions.
From TVs to Air Conditioners, the remote can be used as a universal remote to control everything. However, remember that this solution will only work if your smartphone has an infrared sensor.
You can check the top of your phone for the sensor or check online if your phone has one.
3. Using the TV’s Joystick Controls
Most modern Hisense TVs have a joystick at the bottom of the side of the TV. This joystick can be used to control the cursor on the screen in situations when you do not have access to your remote.
Read the steps given below to learn more about this mode of input.
- Press the joystick and see what kind of options the TV displays.
- Move the joystick control and take the cursor onto the “Settings” option.
- Press the joystick once in order to select the option.
- Follow steps 4-8 from the previous method by using the joystick control.
- Inputting the password via an on-screen keyboard is time-consuming; however, this would be the only way if your remote is lost and if you cannot perform the previous method.
- Check the browser and see if your connection was successful or not.
If your Wi-Fi connection does not seem to be working, then we would advise you to switch to a wired connection for your TV. This is explained in the next method.
4. Using an Ethernet cable
You can use an Ethernet cable to connect your TV to your home’s Wi-Fi network. Additionally, you can also use the wire to make your phone into a remote control via a third-party universal remote app from the Play Store.
Follow the steps given below to find out how you can connect ethernet to your TV.
- For this method to work, your TV must have a LAN port. If your TV does not have a LAN port on one of its sides, then this method cannot work.
- Connect one end of the LAN/ethernet cable to your router and the other end to your TV’s LAN port.
- Since the wire is connected physically to your router, you would not need to enter any passwords or settings.
- Your TV is now connected to the network. All you need to do is use an app that can control your TV remotely.
Such apps have stipulations that suggest that both the phone and the TV need to be connected to the same network.
Since we have already done that through this method, go ahead and download such an app and perform the remote-control actions.
All in all, the easiest way to connect your Hisense TV to WiFi without the remote will be to connect a mouse and a keyboard to the TV via the USB ports. You will be able to use them almost instantaneously to navigate to the WiFi settings.
You can use an Ethernet cable to connect your Hisense TV directly to WiFi router without the remote which will give you access to the rest of the TV’s functionality.
One more method will only work if your phone supports infrared signals. Download the MiRemote app on your smartphone, and you are good to go.
The last option is to use the joystick control panel if your TV comes equipped with one. Use it to navigate to the WiFi settings.
A remote control is an important tool when it comes to modern televisions because they have so many settings. Losing one, however, does not mean the end of the world.
You can try out multiple methods to control your TV and navigate through its settings. Follow this guide for more information.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.