Nothing may be more frustrating when your TV starts acting up and you do not know what to do. But there are many ways you could reset your Hisense TV, even though you may not be aware of them.
So here are some suggestions from the best of our information. Check out the list of the best streaming devices on Amazon now!
Is There a Reset Button on Hisense TV?
While this may have been beneficial to an otherwise great range of TVs, unfortunately, Hisense TV does not have a dedicated reset button.
Hisense TVs have a tiny hole at the back labeled RESET, which allows you to reset your TV by inserting a pin or paper clip similar to the SIM ejection trays in smartphones. Simply insert a pin into a hole, hold it down for about 10 seconds, the TV will restart itself.
How to Soft Reset Hisense TV
Let’s start off with the least drastic measure, which is soft resetting your Hisense TV. Another name for this is power cycling. No matter which TV issue brought you here, this is the number 1 solution we suggest you try.
Here is how to soft reset your Hisense TV:
- Unplug your TV from the power outlet.
- Wait for 5-10 minutes.
- Press and hold the TV’s power button for 30 seconds.
- Plug the TV back in.
On top of disconnecting the power cord, you can disconnect any other cables connected to the TV for higher efficacy of the reset procedure.
After you have plugged the TV back in, wait for 5-10 minutes before turning it on. It should be working well now. This method is almost guaranteed to fix all of your Hisense TV issues.
How to Reset Hisense TV:
In many cases, similar solutions could apply to various solutions. Still, we have tried to identify some of the most common situations that arise with Hisense TV.
If one of them does not work for you, you could also try any other solutions that may not seem relevant for your case.
With a Remote
Ideally, it would be best to have the original remote that comes with the Hisense TV or another verified fully compatible one. The generic duplicate ones usually cannot support the reset feature.
Generally, you would select the “Menu” option on the button and then navigate the menu to choose the option which helps reset.
Here are the steps for older(before 2013) Hisense TVs:
- Press the “EXIT” key on your remote and hold it for about 15 seconds.
- Then your Hisense TV factory service menu will pop up.
- Click “OK” and turn off the TV.
Just like with soft resetting, it’s best to leave your TV turned off for q few minutes before turning it on.
Here are the steps for more modern(starting from 2014)Hisense TVs:
- Open the “Menu” by pressing its button on the remote
- Select “Support.”
- Click “Self-Diagnosis” and choose the reset option.
- Select the “Reset” option.
- You may be prompted to enter the security PIN before proceeding to confirm your decision.
- Once you enter the correct PIN, you should be able to reset the TV.
It is worth noting that the default PIN for Hisense TVs is 0000. As discussed earlier, give your TV a few minutes to configure the settings before trying to use it.
Here are the steps for the latest Hisense TVs:
- Using your remote, navigate to “Settings.”
- Go down to “Device Preferences.”
- Scroll down and choose “Reset.”
- Choose “Erase Everything.”
Without a Remote
Isn’t it annoying when that small stick we use to control our TVs just vanishes out of our plain sight? But do not worry because you can reset your Hisense TV even without a remote if you follow the following steps.
You may use use the buttons on the panels to open up the menu for resetting the TV or otherwise use the TV’s power cable.
Here is how to reset your Hisense TV using the power cable:
- You would have to disconnect any external devices plugged into the TV and turn the Hisense TV off.
- Disconnect the TV’s power cable and plug it back in after at least two minutes.
- When you turn on the TV afterward, it should be reset.
Here is how to reset your Hisense TV using the button panel:
- Press and hold the “Volume down” and “Menu/Input” simultaneously.
- While holding these two buttons, press and hold the TV’s “Power” button.
- After about 15 seconds, release all the buttons.
- The reset process is complete.
With Black Screen
A black screen just piles on to the misery that a user may already be facing because then you are unable to see anything on the screen. But for this, the company has given a system to help you out.
Many Hisense TVs, especially the Roku ones, have a small hole at the back with a reset label.
- You can insert a pin in the “RESET” hole and keep it there for 15-20 seconds, after which the TV will reset and restart.
- Another way is to press the Home button on the remote five times, Up arrow once, Rewind twice, and Fast Forward twice.
This should freeze the TV screen for 30 seconds and then restart the TV itself.
Without a Picture
TVs displaying a blank screen and no picture is actually a pretty common occurrence than you may think. Thankfully, there is always a reason why this happens, making it a solvable issue.
You can reset a Hisense TV without a picture by either power cycling your TV, checking all the connection cables, streaming devices, WIFI signal strength, or by resetting your TV to the default factory settings.
We explain how to do it in detail in this article.
Additionally, there could also be a backlight or hardware problem that may be causing a blank screen without any picture.
When it Won’t Turn On
To reset the TV, you would first have to try and turn on the TV itself. You can follow these steps as laid out to try and troubleshoot.
Firstly, you would have to rule out the obvious and ensure that the power cable is connected and turned on. Then ensure that the TV is turned on; a good metric to judge is if the standby light is lit.
Then disconnect all wires from the TV and let it rest for 10 minutes. After the ten minutes are over, plug the power cable back and hold the power button on the remote for one minute.
Alternatively, you could press the channel up and down button together on the remote while turning the TV on. In many cases, this also helps turn the TV on and reset the TV.
With a Blinking Red Light
You could try a simple soft reset for this problem as we have already described.
Unplug all the cables from the TV for ten minutes and leave it idle for ten minutes. Then you could reconnect the cable and hold the TV’s power button for a minute.
This should help reset a Hisense TV with a blinking red light.
How to Hard Reset Hisense TV
This method will delete all the information stored on your TV, so we suggest you use this method as a matter of last resort.
- At the back/bottom of your Hisense TV, there is a small reset hole labeled “RESET”.
- Find a paper clip and insert it into the hole.
- Push the clip inside the hole and hold it for about 15 seconds.
- Hold it down until your TV restarts.
That’s it, your TV should be hard reset now. Check out the list of the best streaming devices on Amazon now!
Through this, we wanted to share some of the best ways to reset your Hisense TV even when it may seem to be out of control.
We hope you could find a suitable solution for your situation and have been able to resolve the issue; otherwise, contact a support person.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.