Remote controls brought a revolution in the tech world. However, these small devices can easily be misplaced. The whole point of television is lost if the remote control is lost.
You can find the Hisense TV codes in your TV’s user manual, by searching up your TV and remote model online, or you can call the manufacturer or the seller. The most common 4-digit codes are 0178, 0073, 0780, 0156. The 3-digit codes are 759, 763, 765. The 5-digit codes are 10748, 11758.
Replacement remotes (universal remotes) can be used; however, you must know how to program them. If you have a Hisense TV, then read this article for details about programming a universal remote to your TV. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
How to Find Out Your Hisense TV Code?
You would need your remote’s “code” in order to program the new universal remote with your TV. If you do not know about your remote’s code, you should follow the steps below.
- Find your TV’s “user manual” and locate the “universal remote/remote codes” section. The codes will likely be written in this section of the user manual. Use the one that matches your remote model since any other codes will not work!
- If you could not locate the code, search up your TV and remote model on a search engine. Your manufacturer’s website will probably have the codes.
- If you are still unable to find the code, you should call the manufacturer or the seller. The officials in these institutions are likely to have your information.
Here are some of the universal TV codes for your Hisense TV.
5-digit Universal Remote Codes
4-digit Universal Remote Codes
- 0178(commonly used)
3-digit Universal Remote Codes
What Are Hisense TV Remote Codes?
Hisense TV remote codes are used with universal remotes as a shortcut to program the new remote with the TV. This is a quick and easy way to program the new remote with your TV; therefore, it is a very popular and widely used method. Users may find it tricky to program the universal remote to work with their TVs without the codes.
Can You Replace the Hisense TV Remote?
You can find replacement remotes; however, originals are expensive and difficult to find. You can use universal remotes with your Hisense TVs as well. You would have to use Hisense TV remote codes in order to program the new remote to work with your old TV set.
Related Post: What To Do When Hisense Remote Isn’t Working?(10 Fixes)
Can You Use a Universal Remote on a Hisense TV?
Hisense sells its own universal remotes, and you can use those to control your old Hisense TV. So, the short answer is yes; you can easily use universal remotes to control your Hisense TVs. However, the programming part is a bit lengthy and is explained in the section below.
How to Program a Universal Remote to a Hisense TV?
You need to find your Hisense TV remote code using the ways described in the above sections to successfully program a universal remote to your TV. Follow the steps below for a complete guide on the process.
- Turn on the TV and motion the new universal remote towards the TV. Its sensor should be pointing towards the TV’s receiver (the red light).
- Press the “TV” button followed by the “SETUP” button on your universal remote control. The remote enter learning mode and proceeds to locate a Hisense TV nearby.
- Enter the four-digit code you have found using one of the ways listed above once the remote’s light starts blinking. If the code is right, the light will blink once. If the code is wrong, you must repeat the entire process.
- Hold the power button down while the remote is pointed at the TV. The process would be successful if your code was right.
Code Search Method
If for some reason all the methods above for searching your Hisense TV remote code did not work for you, you can make your TV search for them. Follow the steps below:
- Turn on your TV.
- Press and hold the Setup button.
- Enter 9-9-1 three-digit code.
- Hold the Power button on your remote and press the Channel up option till your TV turns itself off.
How to Program a Universal Remote to Hisense Without a Code?
All universal remote codes will go through the scanning process in the so-called Auto-Search Method. If you are having trouble finding your remote code, follow these steps:
- Turn on your TV.
- On the remote, click and hold the device button(CBL, TV, or DVD button) for about 3 seconds.
- When it is ready to program, the LED light turns on.
- Press CH- and CH+ pointing your remote directly to the TV.
- Signals will be displayed on the remote.
- Keep pressing the Down or Up keys till the device is switched off.
- To check if the code is correctly programmed, click on the Power Key. The TV will turn on.
- Click on the Device button in order to save the code.
Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Losing a remote is more common than you think. Therefore, it is always wise to keep a backup option for such an important entertainment device for a household. Universal remotes offer great utility if you know how to program them correctly. This article sheds light on the programming of this universal remote via Hisense remote control codes. You will find this process very easy once you are done reading it!
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.