Child lock or key locks have become a hefty feature in our contemporary world of media. With child locks, parents and guardians can protect their young ones from inappropriate content.
Key locks also offer greater control over the TV system inside your home, especially if your crowded house has only one TV.
Nevertheless, the feature more than often backfires.
Amusingly, grownups often find it difficult to unlock their televisions.
This article will help you overcome your child lock/ key lock worries on your television with ease using some simple steps.
We will look at different methods for different cases, e.g., with and without a remote. Let us dive into it! Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
How Do You Take The Key Lock Off The TV?
To unlock the key lock on your TV using a remote control, follow the instructions below:
- Press the “Home” or “Menu” button on the remote control to access the menu.
- Click the “Setup” or “Privacy” tab in the menu. If your TV has a “Key Lock/ Lock” as a separate tab, click it.
- Select “Lock” from the “Setup” menu.
- Highlight the “Lock System” option using the arrow buttons on your remote.
- Press the right arrow button to highlight “On” and press “Ok” or “Enter” on your remote.
- A password screen should appear. Enter the password you entered when setting up the key lock. Once you enter the correct password, your key lock should be unlocked.
How Do You Take The Key Lock Off The TV With The Remote?
The key lock can be manually turned off using the remote by navigating through the menu of your TV.
Find the key lock option and turn it off. We have answered this query in detail under the heading, “How do you take the key lock off the TV?” in the article.
How Do You Unlock A Locked TV?
It depends on whether it is a child lock or a key lock. Both of these are slightly different.
Read the headings “How do you take the key lock off the TV?” and “How do I take the child lock off my TV?” in this article for a detailed answer.
How Do I Unlock The Key Lock On My LG TV?
The answer to this query has been discussed in detail under the heading “How do you take the key lock off the TV?” in the article.
How Do I Take The Child Lock Off My TV?
To unlock the child lock on your TV using a remote control, follow the instructions below:
- Press the “Menu” or “Options” button on your remote.
- Select “Child Lock” or “V-chip” from the menu on the screen.
- Choose the “Remove Child Lock” option.
- Enter the four-digit code. Entering the correct code should unlock the child lock.
How Do You Take Child Lock Off TV Without A Remote?
Nothing is worse than losing your TV remote and failing to unlock a child lock, both at the same time.
However, do not worry!
This section will hopefully fix half of your troubles. To open a child lock on your TV without a remote, try the strategies below:
- Your first bet should always be to go through the TV’s dedicated user manual. This is what they are there for, after all! Search for the “Lock” or “Privacy” section in the manual. If you find applicable instructions, follow them. If not, try the remedies below.
- If you do not have a remote, get one of the universal TV remote control off the shelf. Through configuration, these remotes can become compatible with any TV with ease. If you have a flat-screen modern TV, try installing one of the trusted applications that turn your mobile phone into a TV remote control using IR. If none of these options work, resort to our final suggestion below.
- It seems like resetting your TV is the only option left. To reset your television manually, hold the power button for about five seconds. Your TV should automatically restart and reset.
We suggest contacting your television manufacturers if none of the methods above worked for you.
How Do I Take The Child Lock Off My LG TV?
Turning off the child lock option is a very easy task. Follow the steps under the question labeled “how do I take the child lock off my TV” to successfully disable it on your LG TV.
How Do I Turn Off Child Lock On An Old LG TV Without A Remote?
So far, we have talked about the potential solutions to contemporary LED and LCD flat-screen televisions.
However, if you own an old LG CRT television, you do not need to worry as we have got you covered!
- To bypass the child lock on any CRT TV, first, unplug your TV and unscrew the back cover.
- Then get yourself a small piece of copper wire (around five centimeters long).
- Unsheathe the two ends of this wire and twist it into a horseshoe shape.
- The next step is to locate the integrated chip (IC) on your TV’s motherboard. This small chip is usually next to a giant chip on the motherboard.
- Once you have located the IC, we need you to look at it in such a way that the letters and numbers on the chip readable (and NOT upside-down).
- Looking at the chip from this angle, you should notice four soldered pins.
- Now, stick the horseshoe-shaped wire we prepared earlier, such that one end is attached between the first two pins whilst the other end is stuck between the last two pins.
- You then need to plug in your television. If you performed the previous step correctly, you should not turn on your TV screen the conventional way.
- Next, hold the channel up/plus button on your TV’s front panel until your television boots up.
With this step, you should have unlocked the child lock. You can check by changing the volume or channels using the buttons on the front panel. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
We understand that getting locked out of the entertainment, your TV holds for you can be incredibly annoying, especially if it is because of some silly child lock. W
e tried our best to cover all aspects of this problem in this article.
We went through every case possible after researching the most common complaints users have related to this issue.
Hopefully, we are able to save your precious time and help you resolve your worries.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.