A software issue, a stuck power button, problems with the power supply, and network connectivity issues can make your Insignia Fire TV keep restarting.
In the majority of cases, you can fix the problem by performing a factory reset.
If you’d like to avoid a factory reset, you can try simply unplugging the TV for a few minutes or changing the batteries in the remote control.
Below you will find an easy-to-follow guide on how to deal with the issue, so let’s begin.
Why Does Insignia Fire TV Keep Restarting?
If your Insignia Fire TV is constantly turning on and off, then it might be due to one of the following issues:
- The most straightforward root cause of such a problem is a stuck power button on the remote control. Simply inspect the remote to make sure that all the buttons are level. If you have noticed that the power button is stuck, you can try carefully wiggling it around with your finger.
- The batteries in the remote control might also be to blame. If those are about to die, your TV might start acting funny. Change the batteries to a fresh set and see if that helps.
- The majority of Insignia Fire TVs have a timer function. You could have accidentally turned on the internal timer or just forgotten that you have this feature activated. To disable the sleep timer, you would have to press the “Home” button, scroll until you find the timer countdown, and select “off”.
- Another reason why your TV might be turning on and off is due to power supply issues. In such a case, the problem can be either with the capacitors inside the TV or with the external wires.
- Network connectivity issues can also make the TV restart. If you want to get the most out of your device, you have to make sure that the internet connection is high-speed. If you know that the speed is not the problem, then you can try restarting the Wi-Fi modem.
- If the TV’s operating system is not updated regularly, you might have to deal with rebooting issues. Ensure that you have the latest updates installed, or manually install the software update from the official website.
- If there is something wrong with the memory modules, your TV won’t be working properly. So, if nothing else helps, you can check this part of the system.
- Finally, the issue might be with the HDMI cables. If those go bad, the TV might start turning on and off without a reason.
How To Fix It?
In the absolute majority of cases, all you would have to do to fix a restarting Insignia Fire TV is reset your device.
It also won’t hurt to inspect the cables leading to the TV.
Check the Cables
First, make sure all the TV cables are working fine.
You can unplug them, clean them from any dust and dirt, and then plug them firmly back in.
If the issue was caused by the loose cables, that should fix it.
Tip: While you are messing with the cables, try temporarily disconnecting any external devices connected to your TV, like a soundbar, Xbox, or a set-top box.
These devices can sometimes interfere with the TV’s functionality and cause software glitches.
If your TV stops restarting after you disconnect the external devices, you have found your culprit.
Do A Soft Reset
That is honestly the best thing you can do with your TV, taking into account you probably can’t get into your TV’s settings because the TV keeps restarting.
Here are the steps:
- Turn your TV off and unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes.
- While you are waiting, take the batteries out of the remote.
- Press each and every button a few times.
- Put fresh batteries in.
- While the TV is still turned off, press and hold the power button on the remote pointing to the TV for 10 seconds.
- Plug your TV back into the power source.
- Try turning it on and see if the issue is resolved.
Do A Factory Reset
I have to warn you right away, you might not be able to perform this step if your TV keeps restarting every few seconds.
You will need to act fast once you see the “Settings” menu.
Do it if you can, if not, go with the soft reset we mentioned previously, it’s proven to be just as effective.
There are 2 ways you can go about to factory reset your Insignia TV, I think the first one will be a bit faster since the time is of the essence when it comes to the TV that is constantly restarting.
Option 1: Use the power button
- Unplug your Fire TV.
- While the TV is unplugged, press and hold the power button.
- Keep pressing the power button and simultaneously plug the Fire TV back into the outlet.
- When the TV turns on, release the power button.
- A reboot menu will pop up on the screen.
- Scroll down to “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” by pressing the power button twice.
- Once “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” is highlighted, press and hold the power button until the menu item turns green.
- Select “Yes”.
- The TV will factory reset and return to the setup menu.
If you want a simple reset, you can choose the “Reboot system now” in the popup menu as mentioned above.
Remember, after a factory reset, your TV remote might get unpaired.
If your TV remote got unpaired, hold the Back, Menu and Left buttons on your remote at the same time for about 10 seconds pointing to the TV, that will pair the remote back to the TV.
Alternatively, you can press and hold the Home button for 10 seconds, then wait for 1 minute, and your remote should be paired.
I also have an article that describes this in detail, you can read it here.
Related Post: Insignia Fire TV Only Power Button Works(How To Fix It?)
Option 2: Use the Fire TV remote
Insignia Fire TV does not have a designated reset button, but you can easily perform a factory reset by following these steps:
- Hold the Back and Right side of the navigation circle simultaneously for about 10 seconds.
- When you see a “Factory reset” option on the screen, choose “Continue”. If you don’t choose anything, the TV will reset automatically.
Depending on the model of your TV, you might have to:
- Push the “Home” button and select “Settings”.
- Scroll to “System” and choose “Advanced system settings”.
- Select the “Factory reset” option.
Do bear in mind that all downloaded content and account information will get deleted during a factory reset.
If you have expandable storage, make sure to remove that before initiating a reset.
Related Posts: Use Insignia TV Without Remote(Setup/Reset/Factory Reset)
If your Insignia Fire TV keeps restarting, it might be due to a software issue. A factory reset will most likely solve the problem.
Some owners might not want to perform a factory reset, as it deletes all the account information.
In such a case, you can try installing fresh batteries in the remote or simply unplugging the TV and leaving it to ‘rest’ for around 10 minutes.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.