The LG “screen share” option is a very convenient feature that has brought peace to many households. It allows users to handle all their viewing activities via their handheld devices or their PCs. Many households prefer this option as well due to its utilization of wireless functions to establish connections with the TV.
So, why is the LG Screen Share option not working? The most common issues are Wi-Fi connectivity, running an outdated OS, or the TV is running in an incorrect mode. Rebooting your devices, checking for updates, and setting up the correct TV mode will solve the issue.
However, when this option does not work, it can be a huge pain. Like every problem, this problem has easy fixes too! The following article contains all the important information required to fix most errors that you may encounter when setting up a “screen share” connection with your LG smart TV. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Why Is my Screen Mirroring Not Working?
There can be many reasons why the screen mirroring option is not working on the LG smart TV interface. Some of those reasons might be device-specific. Therefore, issues relating to devices have been answered under a separated heading down below. This section covers some of the more generic causes of screen sharing issues.
Wi-Fi connectivity is the most common issue amongst users. When attempting to pair two devices for screen sharing activities, make sure to check if both of the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. This is going to fix most of your problems already! Also, check if your Wi-Fi has sufficient bandwidth and is delivering a good internet speed. You can check this through different speed testing websites available online.
The second most common issue is running an outdated system OS. Keep checking for updates regularly, as installing an update might fix all issues at once. You can check for the updates on your LG smart TV by going to the system settings via the “menu” button on the TV remote.
Another quite recurring issue is the “TV mode” issue. The TV may be running in an incorrect mode rendering it useless to mirroring connections. Look at the steps below to correct this issue.
- Open the Settings menu on your LG smart TV
- Check the “input” or “sources” option from this menu
- If it is set to “HDMI” or any other source, then you have located the problem
- Change this setting to the “mirroring” or “wireless screen sharing” option. Additionally, you can attempt to set it to “Bluetooth” as well for some methods of connecting your devices wirelessly
Look at the other questions below if you are still facing a screen sharing issue.
How to Fix the “Screen Mirroring Not Working” Issue on Different Devices?
There are so many devices to choose from when you want to watch something on your TV via sharing your device’s screen. Therefore, the issue list also increases with the addition of a different type of device. Some common devices and the issues they face with screen sharing are described below. Some easy fixes are also described, alongside the problems.
There exist a couple of common problems when running the screen sharing program with a Windows 10 PC. Follow the list below to see if you are facing any similar issues. The fixes are also given with each problem.
- Make sure that your TV is connected to only one device. Most TVs only allow screen sharing with one device; therefore, you may be facing an issue with connecting a new device. Remove any devices that the “screen sharing” app shows. This option can be found by navigating to the “delete painting devices” option on your Samsung smart TV. Once the connections are removed using the remote, and following the on-screen instructions, you can then attempt to pair the TV with a new device.
- If the problem persists, then you should restart all devices involved in the process. This includes the TV, the Laptop, and the Wi-Fi router too! This will hopefully fix all problems.
- The Wi-Fi router is used in this process, so you need to check the router if the problem still exists. See if it has sufficient bandwidth or not. Remove all other devices connected to the router, apart from the laptop and the TV. Then try to attempt the connection. If it does, that means the problem was with the router and not your two devices.
The IOS devices use Apple TV to connect to the LG smart TV. Go through the common issues and their fixes below to see if they work for you.
- Check AirPlay settings on your streaming device, i.e., Apple TV. You may have certain settings switched on that may be hindering your connection with the TV. Turn off settings like “restrict who can AirPlay” or “restricted speaker access” to see if it makes a difference.
- Ensure all IOS devices you are using to connect to the Apple TV are up to date. You can check the IOS update from the Settings app on your device.
- Distance may be an issue sometimes. Try going near the Apple TV to see if that makes a difference. This usually ends up solving the issue for most users.
Many people around the world use Android phones. These devices have their own sets of issues that you may encounter when attempting to screen share. If all other fixes provided in this article do not work for your device, then try some of the common fixes given below.
- The most common issue in Android phones is compatibility. Make sure that your device actually has a wireless screen sharing option. You can find this out by going through the device manual or looking it up online. If it is compatible, then move on to the next troubleshooting step. If it isn’t, you can try to work around the issue using any third-party app available on the Play Store.
- Some brands may not work with each other at all. Some users do not have a good experience of using certain brands with the LG smart TV. You can try to work around this issue with a third-party DLCA player app.
Why Can’t I Connect my Phone to my LG TV?
Check if the phone is compatible with the device by looking up its features online or in its manual. Also, check if the mirroring option is turned on. You can do this by navigating to the menu of your LG smart TV.
Why Won’t my LG TV Connect to my Laptop?
Go through all the fixes in the “Windows 10” heading to see if the connection works. Many newer laptops have a built-in option to screen share wirelessly. However, if your laptop is running a Windows 8 or a lesser OS, it may indicate that your laptop does not have this feature. In this case, use an HDMI cable to screen share.
Why is there No Sound When I Screen the Mirror?
The output on your phones/laptops may be changed; therefore, the sound may come from a different source and not the TV. You can fix this by clicking on the sound icon and changing its source. On your phones, you can change the source by pressing the volume increase buttons. The volume buttons show a popup widget that shows the volume increasing. This displays the source as well. Click on it to change the source. Changing the source to the device that you are casting to is going to send the sound signals to the device as well. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
The problems with this activity are very simple and easily fixable. However, the key lies in detecting the problem. You can do this by following the multiple situations described above. Troubleshoot your way to the root of the problem. From there, implementing the fix is going to be quite easy.