When you purchase a smart LG TV, you might wish to add third-party apps that make watching your programs enjoyable.
How can you install third-party apps on your LG smart TV? Press the Home button on your remote⇒Select More Apps⇒Open the LG Content Store⇒Click Premium and choose the app that you want⇒TV will download and install it automatically. You can stream content on LG TV using different third-party apps that are allowed by the company’s app store or through an additional box-like Firestick.
Although streaming content on TV has not been easy, you can learn installing 3rd party apps on LG smart TV. On LG, it could be better to install apps that would be supported by the HDMI ports and those supported by the company’s app store.
Can You Install 3rd Party Apps on Your LG Smart TV?
If the app you want is available in the LG Content Store, the answer is yes. But you can’t download a third-party app from an unknown source.
LG smart TVs run on Web OS or Netcast and don’t offer an option to download apps from unknown sources. You can, however, stream third-party content on LG smart TVs using extensions such as Firestick, Chromecast, AppleTV, Roku.
Some of the models that allow you to stream third-party content include LG OLED, LG Nano Cell, and LG UHD TV.
The LG operating system could let you manage, access, and view content online over an internet connection, but only if it comes from the LG app store as we mentioned before.
You might not need an additional box-like Firestick since the TV is smart, and the company could make it possible to access the third-party apps as LG operates its platform called WebOS. When you access the WebOS, you could access different apps, games, and music unique to LG.
How To Add Apps on LG Smart TV
1.Using LG Content Store
Access WebOS on your LG smart TV, and connect the TV to an internet connection. You can open the LG Content Store, where you find plenty of movies, shows, and apps.
1)How to add the apps you want, first steps:
- Hit the Home button on your remote control.
- Access pre-installed apps that could have already been installed by clicking on the TV.
- To access the additional apps on LG TV, use the LG content store visible on the menu.
2)Choose content on the LG Content Store:
- LG content store has varied items that can be downloaded, the content on the store includes apps and movies, and TV shows that you could not assess on normal TV. Apps on the store section of the LG could be on the top row. It could also be positioned on the right-hand side of the LG content store site.
3)Download an app from the store:
- You first search the specific app, and once you find the desired App, you click and download it to your TV. You can further install it on the TV as the “install’’ button is visible, and when you select the button, you immediately get the app installed on your LG TV. The install button could turn into a launch access key, which makes it easier for you to access the app on the TV.
When an app has been downloaded, it could easily be visible on the LG smart TV as well as the app section on the site. You could also use a netcast operating system for app download on a smart LG TV, on the home page, you also have a quick menu for the app section.
You could go ahead and download the apps on the premium section and install them on the smart LG TV.
2.Using Fire Stick(Or Any Other Streaming Device) – Recommended
This method will work great if you haven’t found the app you needed in the LG Content Store. This means you do need to use a Firestick or a similar streaming stick(like Roku or Chromecast) to access your desired app.
- Plug the power adaptor into your Fire Stick and plug the other end into the power outlet.
- Plug the Fire Stick directly into the HDMI port on the back of your LG TV
- Switch your LG TV to the same channel that the Fire Stick is plugged into (HDMI1)
- Put the batteries into the remote, it will automatically be paired with the device.
- Follow the instruction on the screen to connect to your WiFi.
- Link your Fire Stick to your Amazon account.
- Use the apps available through the Fire Stick on your LG TV
How To Get 3rd Party Apps Available In Other Countries
LG is an international company and you can get different LG apps all around the globe. So it makes sense that different countries have access to different apps. The good news is, you can easily access them too, and we are going to tell you how.
- Go to Settings⇒All Settings⇒General
- Click Location
- Choose LG Services Country
- Choose the country you need
- The agreement window will pop up, click Yes
- Your TV will restart
- You should see more new apps
- Go to the LG Content Store to get more new apps
Uninstalling Apps on LG Smart TV
When you feel like the app that you have on your LG Smart TV does not serve its purpose, or when you do not like it anymore, you can uninstall it.
- Access the edit mode, which helps you move the app down and up the length of the scrolling ribbon.
- Find the edit mode by using the right and left buttons on your remote.
- Delete the unwanted app on the smart LG TV by selecting the X over the individual app tile.
- When you select the X, which could be highlighted on the app, it helps you delete the app.
- For the TV app to delete, it could ask you to confirm the deletion. When you select yes on the deletion process, it confirms that you want to delete the app. Once done with the deletion of the TV app, you could exit the edit mode.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Now that we have discussed the main things connected with installing third-party apps on an LG TV, let’s cover the rest of the questions you still might have.
How do I install apps on my LG Smart TV which are not available in the LG Content Store?
You can’t download a third-party app that isn’t available in the LG Content Store.LG smart TVs run on Web OS or Netcast and don’t offer an option to download apps from unknown sources. You can, however, stream third-party content on LG smart TVs using extensions such as Firestick, Chromecast, AppleTV, Roku.
What apps are available for LG Smart TV?
Apps available for LG smart TV are on WebOS, and you could find apps and content that will meet your needs. Some of these apps on WebOS include Netflix, Amazon Video, YouTube, Hulu, and many more. You could also get Channel Plus at WebOS, and the apps have family-friendly content, independent films, and other top-rated shows. Make sure you also go check out the list of the best LG TVs on Amazon that will allow you to use third-party apps!
Does LG TV have a Google Play store?
Unfortunately, LG TV doesn’t support Google Play because they are running on different webOS. In order for you to get Google Play, your TV’s operating system would have to be Android. However, you can always stream third-party content on LG smart TVs using extensions such as Firestick, Chromecast, AppleTV, Roku.
How do I download the Google Play store on my LG Smart TV?
You can’t download the Google Play store because it isn’t an Android device, it uses WebOS. The equivalent of the Google Play Store on LG TV is the LG Content Store. On the positive side, Google Play movies are now supported and available to download on LG TVs running WebOS.
Can I install APK on LG Smart TV?
No, you can’t install APK on LG smart TV. You can only install an app on LG smart TV through their own WebOS app store, and these are apps that are authorized by the company. You could, however, stream third-party content using Chromecast (for Android), AirPlay (for Apple), or WiFi Direct (for PC).
Can WebOS run Android apps?
WebOS can run the Android app provided it is a part of the LG Content Store, and you could download it to enjoy your favorite shows.
Can I install Android apps on LG Smart TV?
You can’t install Android apps on LG smart TV unless they are authorized by their official app store. You can always stream third-party content on LG smart TVs using extensions such as Firestick, Chromecast, AppleTV, Roku.
How do I install Android apps on my LG Smart TV?
Press the Home button on your remote⇒Select More Apps⇒Open the LG Content Store⇒Click Premium and choose the app that you want⇒TV will download and install it automatically. You can stream Android apps on LG TV using different third-party apps that are allowed by the company’s app store or through an additional box-like Firestick.
Although LG smart TV could require you to install apps that are on WebOS ONLY, you could access third-party apps through extensions such as Firestick. You could use the internet to download apps on WebOS; when you click on the menu, it will give you the different LG smart TV app that is downloadable. You click on the LG smart TV apps that you need to download and install them and launch them for quick asses.
When you no longer need the apps, you may uninstall them by following the procedure on the WebOS. WebOS is flexible, and you could assess it on Android giving you versatility when downloading the LG smart TV apps.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.