The BT sport app is one of the most useful sports apps in the world today. You can use this app to watch a number of sporting events, including the English Premier League, the UEFA Champions League, and much more.
How to watch BT sport on LG TV? Download the app on any streaming stick as all of them have this app available. You can also cast it from your mobile device to TV using the casting option. One more way is to use Kodi.
This app, however, is not available on the LG TV content store. Therefore, this article explores a number of workarounds so that you can get the best content on your TV! Check out the best streaming sticks on Amazon that won’t let you down!
Can You Get BT Sport on LG Smart TV?
There are numerous ways to get the BT Sport app on your LG TV.
- Use a casting device to cast the app from another device onto your TV.
- Use external smart streaming devices like the Amazon Firestick or the Google Chromecast.
- Use the jailbreak/Kodi method to stream the app on your LG TV for free! A detailed description of these methods is given below.
The most straightforward method would be downloading it from the LG TV content store and getting a BT TV subscription.
However, this app is currently unavailable on the LG TV content store, so this method is illogical.
If the producers decide to add the BT TV app to your LG smart TV content store, you must update your TV to the latest software version.
How to Install and Watch BT Sport on LG TV?
You cannot install the BT sport app on your LG TV from the content store.
As explained before, this app is unavailable in the store. So, the next best alternative is to stream the app on your mobile device and cat it to your TV.
You can also download the app on your Amazon FireStick TV, a Chromecast, or an Apple TV device, as all of these devices, have this app available.
Follow the steps below to learn more about casting the app onto your LG TV.
- Download the app that is supported by your casting device onto your mobile phone device. For example, you would download a Google Home App to work with your Google Chromecast device. Similarly, you would have an Apple TV app on all of your Apple devices. These particular apps work with the devices to sync content perfectly so that you don’t run into any hiccups while running the BT sport app.
- Make sure that the casting device (Apple TV, Chromecast) is connected to the same WiFi network as your phone is.
- Ensure that the casting device is connected to the TV via an HDMI cable.
- Find the casting button in these apps. It’s usually in the top right-hand corner. For Apple devices, you would have to click the “AirPlay” icon on the bottom of any video player.
- Clicking these options would lead you to the device detection pop-up screens, where you would have the option to cast your phone’s screen to your desired device. Ideally, this device would be connected to your LG TV beforehand.
- Stop casting by clicking the same button that you started casting with.
What’s the Easiest Way to Watch BT Sport on LG TV?
As the section above explains, the easiest way to watch BT Sport on your LG TV is via the casting process.
It is a very simple and easy process; however, it requires you to get a subscription for BT sport on your mobile devices. So, it’s not the cheapest way to watch BT sport as you would renew the subscription each month.
Related Post: How To Fix BT Sport App? (Smart TV/FireStick/PS/Xbox/Sky)
What Is the Cheapest Way to Get BT Sport on LG TV?
The cheapest way to explore BT sport on your LG Smart TV would be via Kodi.
Most people are familiar with Kodi as an open-source media software that allows free streaming of many apps worldwide. However, Kodi is not compatible with LG’s WebOS.
Therefore, you would have to get a raspberry PI minicomputer to use Kodi with your LG TV.
Raspberry PI computers cost around thirty dollars and are really useful. You can load Kodi onto this computer via your windows or apply the computer and then connect it to the LG TV via an HDMI cable.
There are proper steps involved in downloading Kodi onto raspberry PI computers, so be sure to look them up. This would be just a one-time cost; therefore, this method is the cheapest to view BT sport.
It is just not the easiest. Check out the best streaming sticks on Amazon that won’t let you down!
Even though LG is a great company, it has a few shortcomings, like not having the BT sport app on its content store.
However, through this article, you have now found out about the different ways in which you can watch BT sports content on your LG smart TV.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.