Crunchyroll gives you unlimited access to your favorite movies and shows in your preferred languages. You must follow the right steps to add this app to your smart TV if you want to get the desired outcome. We are here to help you to do this.
How to add a Crunchyroll app to a Smart TV? If your smart TV supports the Crunchyroll app, go to the TV’s app store and download it directly. Otherwise, use the Plex app or Screen Share. You can also use the Crunchyroll app through different streaming sticks.
You should know whether your smart TV supports the Crunchyroll app to choose the best way to get the app to your television. This article will give you all the details. Check out the best streaming sticks on Amazon that won’t let you down!
Can You Get Crunchyroll on a Smart TV?
Whether a smart TV supports the Crunchyroll app or not, you can use it to improve your listening experience. You can’t add this app directly to some smart TVs. Nonetheless, you can get Crunchyroll to any smart TV using streaming sticks, Plex, or Screen Share.
The compatibility of your TV determines the methods you should use to reap the most from the streaming application.
If you own a Samsung TV, SkyWorth smart TV, Panasonic Smart TV, or Sony Android TV, you can add the Crunchyroll app to it if you like.
It should take you a few minutes to download the app. If you are a user with a paid subscription through their phones, you can access the service without using your passwords and usernames, which saves time.
An alternative solution is to download the Plex app to your smart TV. After this, you add the Crunchyroll Channel, and you are good to go.
If that doesn’t serve your needs, you can use Screen Share. You’ll find it in your phone’s connectivity settings. If you are an iPhone user, you can go to the shortcuts.
You can also cast through the Crunchyroll app or watch through TV attachments. Some common attachments that you can consider are Blu-Ray, gaming console, and Firestick (or similar devices).
So, your cell phone gives you a wide variety of options to watch your favorite movies and shows. Your TV brand or model won’t limit you if you know how to use it well to get the app to your smart TV.
However, if your smart TV supports the Crunchyroll app, you don’t have to try the other options. Adding it to the TV is the best solution.
In the next section, we pay attention to the steps you should follow to add the Crunchyroll app to your TV.
How to Add Crunchyroll On:
To add the Crunchyroll app to your Samsung TV, you should follow the steps below.
- Go to the top-left corner of your TV screen and look for the search section.
- Type Crunchyroll (You can use Alexa’s voice command to achieve the same goal).
- Hover over the Crunchyroll app’s icon.
- After the search finishes, tap on the icon.
- Go below the app’s description and tap on the Get option.
Click on Open. If you want an alternative method, you can search and launch the app from the apps menu.
Once you are done, move the app to the main screen. This applies if you want to use it daily.
You won’t find the Crunchyroll app in your LG TV app store. You can’t use the method we’ve discussed above to install the app directly on your smart TV.
If you have an LG smart TV, consider other alternatives.
Most users opt for Screen Casting.
If you want to try out Screen Casting, follow the steps we’ve outlined below.
- Launch the TV and connect it and your smartphone to the same WI-FI.
- Download the app on your smartphone and launch the Crunchyroll app (Go to App Store (iOS) or PlayStore (Android).
- With your Crunchyroll credentials, log in to your Crunchyroll account.
- Go to the home page and hit AirPlay (iOS) or the Cast icon (Android) at the corner of the app.
- Once the account lists out nearby devices connected under parallel internet, tap on your LG TV.
- Play your favorite movie or show on your phone. You will watch it on your LG TV.
You can follow the same steps above if you want to use your Apple device instead of your smartphone.
If you need another option, you can mirror Crunchyroll streaming on the TV. The right steps to follow to do this are:
- Unlock your smartphone.
- Navigate to the Play Store or App Store. Once you find the LG TV Plus app, install it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Activate the mirroring option on the app.
- Play any video on the Crunchyroll app. It will mirror on the TV concurrently.
The possibility of installing the Crunchyroll app on your Vizio TV depends on the model series and year of release.
Most modern Vizio TVs were released between 2016 and now, and they don’t provide in-built apps and don’t allow you to install Crunchyroll or any other apps.
If you can’t add the app to your smart TV, but you can cast it on the device. Before doing anything, connect your smartphone to the same network as the television.
Once you are done, do this:
- Go to App Store or the Play Store and install the Crunchyroll app.
- Open the app.
- Sign in to your Crunchyroll account.
- Navigate to the screen’s top right corner and tap the Chromecast or Cast icon.
- Choose your Vizio TV on the list of devices and play any video on the app.
That’s all you need to do to get the app on the TV. When you want to stop the casting, do this:
- Tap the Cast icon.
- Select the Disconnect option.
You can also use external streaming devices such as Amazon Firestick and Roku. You install the app on the device and use it from there.
We have an official Crunchyroll app for Android models of Sony TVs. If your TV falls under this category, follow the steps below.
- Go to your home screen and click on the Apps tab.
- Click on the Search icon.
- Type Crunchyroll on the search bar and then search.
- Click on the Crunchyroll app as soon as the search results appear.
- Click on the Install button.
- Once the installation is complete, launch the app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- From the Crunchyroll app, stream your favorite show or movie.
If your Sony smart TV doesn’t support the Crunchyroll app, you can cast it. For the best result, ensure you have the latest version of Crunchyroll on the casting device.
Here are the steps you should follow to cast the Crunchyroll app on your Sony smart TV successfully:
- Connect your casting device and your Sony TV to the same WIFI.
- Install the app on your Android phone from the Play Store.
- Once you’ve successfully installed the app, launch it.
- Click on the Cast icon.
- Browse through the app’s library.
- Choose your favorite video and start watching it on your TV.
With these two alternative methods, you are equipped with the skills required to stream your favorite animes with Crunchyroll on your Sony smart TV. Check out the best streaming sticks on Amazon that won’t let you down!
Adding Crunchyroll App to a Smart TV
Now nothing can stop you from using the Crunchyroll app to access all your favorite movies and shows in your preferred language.
You can choose whether to add the app to your smart TV or use your phone to watch unlimited content just about anywhere on any smart TV.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.