Television has evolved ever since its first versions. Along with watching cable TV, you can also surf the web, download streaming apps, and play games on your TVs as well! However, the smart TV revolution is not perfect as your devices can misbehave from time to time as malicious apps are downloaded onto them. In such cases, the best option to fix it is to reset it. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Does LG TV Have A Reset Button?
The company does not have a specific reset button for a hard/soft reset. However, if you want to perform a quick soft reset, then you can press and hold the “ok” button or the middle button on the TV’s panel of controls for five seconds. The soft reset will begin taking place.
How To Reset An LG TV?
There are a few simple steps that you can follow to reset your LG TV with the help of a remote.
- Firstly, go to the “Menu” by pressing the “Home” button from the TV’s remote.
- Find the “Settings” option on the menu screen and click on it.
- Under the “general” option in the settings menu, you will find the “Reset” option. Select it and imitate the resetting process.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and select the “confirm” option on all warnings.
- Enter the TV’s password and start the reset. The password is usually a pin (try 0000 or 1234). You can look up the pin by searching for your model on LG’s website.
How To Reset Your LG TV Without The Remote?
The resetting process is pretty simple when you have the TV’s remote. However, for the times when you have don’t have the remote and want to reset, you can follow these simple steps:
- You can try and hold the “power” button on the side/bottom panel of the TV. If it resets after 10 seconds, then you should not go to the next step. However, if it does not, you should go to the next step.
- Use the joystick-like panel controls on the TV to navigate to the “Menu” and “settings” options.
- From there, you can select the reset options by going through the same settings as explained in the question above about resetting steps for when you have a remote.
So, there are two ways to reset if you lose its remote. Both of them are explained in the steps above.
How To Reset Your LG TV Without The Password?
Sometimes passwords and pin codes are too intricate, and users forget them. After a long time of not using the passwords, it is very likely that you don’t remember them anymore. However, an LG TV cannot be reset if you do not remember the pin code or the parental lock you had set up along with the TV for the first time. One thing you can do is to reset the pin codes that you had set initially. To reset the pin code, follow the steps given below.:
- From the remote control, go to the “Menu” and choose the “Settings” option. Scroll through these setting options to find the “Advanced settings” option.
- Scroll down and find the “Safety” options in the “Advanced settings” tab.
- You will find an option named “Reset Password” in this tab. Do not click on it. Just highlight it with the cursor and press channel up twice, followed by channel down and then a channel up again. This is a secret built-in code to help users when they forget their passwords.
- Enter “0313” or “0325” in the next pop-up dialogue box.
- Enter “0000” in the safety dialogue box that will pop up next.
- Now you will see a screen where you can change your password.
You can use this new password to go through with the reset. The reset will be the same as it was in the first few questions of this article after you have achieved a change of passwords/pin codes.
How To Factory Reset LG TV?
Factory resetting your TV means removing everything and taking it back to the initial settings that the TV came with. To do this, you must follow the steps given below:
- You must open all settings from the “Menu” and click on support.
- Find the “General” settings in this new screen and select them.
- Navigate to the option labeled “Reset to Initial Settings.” This option will initiate the factory reset procedure.
- Follow the warning boxes and press confirm to ensure that you really want to go through with the reset.
- The TV will ask you to input your password. Input it, and the factory resetting process will commence.
- Wait until the process is complete. The TV will then ask you to set it up again, just like you would have done for the very first time.
How To Factory Reset Your LG Smart TV Without The Remote?
You can follow the same steps as given above but without a remote. To do this, you would need to find the bottom/side panel on the TV. This panel has some buttons and a joystick-type control that allows you to navigate between the TV’s menu and its subsequent options. Through the joystick, follow the steps given above. The factory reset procedure will be the same; only the input mode would be different.
How To Hard Reset Your LG TV?
Instead of unplugging the entire device to carry out a hard reset all, you have to do is follow a couple of shortcuts.
- On your remote, press and hold the volume down and power key together. Hold them for a period of 10 seconds.
- The LG logo will appear, and the reset will be completed.
You can either carry out these steps or follow the steps given in the second question. Both of these will take you to the same outcome.
How To Reboot Your LG Smart TV?
Rebooting is the same as restarting/hard resetting. Follow the steps in the question above to achieve this.
How To Unlock An LG TV Without A Remote?
Holding the power button for five seconds should do the trick. However, sometimes it doesn’t work. In that case, you would have to unscrew the battery from the power panel at the back of the TV. This is not recommended as it is not safe! Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
How Do You Unlock A Locked LG TV?
There are a couple of things you can do to unlock a locked TV.
- You can change your passwords if you have forgotten them. The steps to change codes have been described in this article under the fourth question.
- Otherwise, you can unscrew the battery from the panel, which is not recommended as it is unsafe.
As TVs get smarter, their options multiply. An untrained user might get lost with so many options and mess with something within the TV’s programming. An easy fix to this problem is learning all the TV’s resetting tricks. Each TV will have slightly different techniques; However, the main steps have all been described in this article