If you’ve been following tech closely for the last few years, you understand that LG TVs are user-friendly, reliable, and cutting-edge devices. Nonetheless, if you don’t know how to fix the common LG TV WIFI turned off problem, life may not seem attractive when you experience it. Today, we want to help you to avoid a bad experience.
How to fix LG TV WIFI turned off problem? Turn the TV on/off, change time settings, and set DNS settings to fix it. As a matter of last resort, you can factory reset the TV.
So, there can be several potential culprits whenever you are faced with LG TV WIFI turned off problem. Let’s dive into the details you need to fix it quickly below. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Why is my LG TV WIFI turned off?
If your LG TV WIFI is turned off, the first thing you should check is whether your WIFI setting is turned on or not. Someone might have turned it off without your knowledge. If that’s not the case, the TV software could not be up-to-date. Some TVs automatically install new updates. Others don’t. If yours belongs in the latter category, incompatibility issues could be the problem.
Some software bugs can also be the underlying issue. What’s more, wrong date and time and DNS settings can also hinder your LG TV WIFI from turning on. A helpful DNS server should be able to convert the web address name into a web address IP. If none of the solutions works, your LG TV might be experiencing hardware problems.
How Do I Turn on the WiFi on my LG TV?
As mentioned, if you know how to turn on WIFI on your LG TV, you will not suspect a technical issue if there’s none. So, the skill is essential. Here are the steps you need to turn the WIFI on in the right way using your remote:
- Turn on the WIFI router
- Press the SMART button on the remote and go to the Home menu.
- Go to Settings and then select OK
- Select Network
- Select WIFI Connection
- Select your WIFI network from the list of available networks
- Enter your password
- Choose Connect
If you followed these steps, you’ve successfully connected the TV to your WIFI.
How Do I Turn on WIFI on My LG TV without a Remote?
If you can’t use your remote for any reason, you can turn on WIFI on your TV by following the steps below:
- Choose a compatible mouse.
- Connect your mouse to the TV through the USB port
- Click on the TV’s physical button (You’ll see the input and other two options)
- Click on the input option ( Another window will then appear)
- Once you see several options, click on Live TV.
- Move the mouse’s pointer to the right side of the screen to the menu.
- Choose the recommended icon inside the channel icon.
- You’ll see “you are not connected.” Follow the instructions on the screen to proceed to the next step (The network setting window will appear)
- Click on your router SSID and enter your password.
- After completing the configuration steps, save everything by following the instructions on the screen.
You’ve connected your LG TV to WIFI without a remote. If it’s not connected, you have a license to believe something is wrong with your network connection or the hardware.
How Do I Fix the LG TV WIFI turned Off Problem?
If you have followed the right steps to turn the connection on, follow these steps to fix the issue:
1. Try Turning the TV On/Off
Modern LG TVs don’t have a hard reset button. So, if you suspect software issues, you’ll l need to do this:
- Physically unplug the TV from the power outlet
- Wait for about 2 minutes
- Restart the TV
You’ve reset the TV. We start with this since it’s easy and requires no technical skills. Besides, software bugs are the leading cause of this connectivity problem.
2. Check Time Settings
Since your time and date settings could be the underlying issue, you can do the following to solve that:
- Go to Settings
- Choose General and then Date and Time
- Uncheck Set automatically
- Set the correct local time and date manually
3. Set DNS Settings
Setting your DNS can also fix the WIFI turned-off problem. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Press on the Menu button and then Settings on the TV’s screen
- Press on All Settings
- Press on Network
- Press on WI-FI Connection
- Press on Advanced WI-FI Settings
- Press on Edit
- Enter an IP from your router’s IP range in the IP address field. Enter the router’s network mask in the Subnet Mask.
- After that, enter the DNS address in the DNS Server field.
- Press on Connect
Note: DNS servers can have problems like any other server. So, if your DNS is the issue and nothing else seems to work, you can fix it by setting your DNS location manually. The good news is that you can use Google’s 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 DNS servers for free.
To use 220.127.116.11, you should follow the same method above. And after selecting the DNS Server, enter 18.104.22.168 and save the changes.
4. Factory Reset
In case all the above methods have failed, you can factory reset your LG TV by following these steps:
- Go to Home
- Select Settings
- Select General Menu
- Click on Reset To Initial Settings
- Confirm the reset
How Do I Turn My WIFI Back on My LG Smart TV?
Now you’ve fixed the problem and may want to turn your WIFI back on your LG Smart TV. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Ensure the WIFI connection is On
- Press the remote’s SMART button and navigate to the Home menu
- Select Settings and click on OK
- Select Network
- Select WIFI Connection
- Select your WIFI network from the list of available networks (Reduce the space between the TV and the router if you don’t see your network)
- Enter your password and select Connect
You’ve turned your WIFI back on your LG Smart TV. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
You are now ready to fix the LG TV WIFI turned off problem. In a few cases, you might need to call an expert technician. The right time to make the call is when you suspect hardware issues are the culprits or have followed the above steps, but the issue persists. In most cases, you won’t need to go through all that. You’ll fix the issue in no time. So, feel free to implement the tips and steps we’ve shared here today to save your time and money.