There are a lot of ways through which you can connect your handheld device to your LG TV. Some use a separate app, while some devices connect directly to the TV.
What to do if your phone won’t connect to LG TV? Check if both your phone and the TV are connected to the same WiFi network, give your phone 2-3 minutes the find the TV, try unplugging the router, wait for 1 minute, plug it back in, restart the phone, and all the devices involved in the connection.
However, users may run into some problems when establishing a wireless connection with their LG TV for the first time. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now! (*Affiliate Disclaimer. As an Amazon Affiliate Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases*).
Why Can’t I Connect My Phone To My LG TV, And How To Fix It?
The main way to get your phone connected to an LG smart TV is via their app. LG has recently released its LG TV Plus remote app on Android and IOS devices. This app aims to make it easier for users to control their TV from their handheld devices. The first part of this section discusses the issues that some users can face using this app, while the second part talks about the more traditional screen sharing method.
The most common problem that users face with the app is a pairing issue. Follow the steps below to solve the pairing issue between your TV and the app.
- Make sure the TV and the mobile device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. You should also confirm whether the app supports your TV’s model number. The app does not support older TVs!
- Wait for a couple of minutes after pressing the pairing option on the app. If the app does not find a device, go to the third step.
- Restart the router and the mobile device. This will likely fix the issue.
- If the issue persists and all three steps check out, then you should call your seller/dealer or the LG support center in your area.
Another issue with the app is about the paired buttons being unresponsive. Solve this issue by following these few steps:
- Try switching to a different app. If that app is also not working, then your device is malfunctioning. A quick restart would fix this.
- If only the app is malfunctioning, then you should delete the app and reinstall it.
You can use the same steps to fix a couple of different issues as well. If the buttons are not performing their designated actions, you can perform the two steps above! If it keeps on freezing, then also you can try the two options above.
If you connect to the TV via Wi-Fi and utilize the screen sharing option, then there exist other causes for this issue.
- You can fix issues with the screen sharing in an LG TV by performing some simple tasks like power cycling your router, restarting both devices, checking Wi-Fi speeds, and connectivity settings.
- You should remove any obstacles between the TV and the router if you are not getting sufficient speeds!
Why Won’t My iPhone Connect To My LG TV, And How To Fix It?
iPhones have different operating software, and thus some of the fixes will be slightly different. However, you can apply all of the steps given above and find out if any of them work on an iPhone. If they do not work on an iPhone, then you can follow the steps given in this section of the article.
- You can use Apple TV to connect to your LG TV via your iPhone if the options given in the previous section do not work for you (screen sharing and LG TV plus app). The most viable fix for any issues you face when connecting is to restart the phone and all the devices involved in the connection.
- Another fix may be to change the settings of AirPlay on your phone. Turn off all restrictions that you find in the settings. These restrictions may reside in options such as “restrict who can AirPlay.” Turning these options off will likely fix most of your issues.
- The final fix for all IOS users is to keep their devices up to date. Apple is stingier with updates, and some apps require the update to continue functioning. Therefore, you are advised to update all your devices. You can reach out to Apple Support if the problem persists after the update.
Why Can’t My Phone Find My LG TV, And How To Fix It?
There are a couple of reasons why your phone cannot find your LG TV either through the screen sharing option or through the LG TV app.
- If you have an older TV, it might not be supported by the LG TV app.
- It might also not have a screen sharing option as well.
- A glitch in the system may also be preventing your phone from connecting to the TV.
The possible fixes for this issue have been discussed in the first question of this article. However, to refresh your memory, you need to reinstall the app and restart all devices concerned to sort this issue! Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Handheld devices are considered to make things more convenient for consumers. TV companies are adding features that support such devices. Therefore, it is all the more frustrating when your device refuses to connect to the TV. Well, after reading the article, you do not have to be frustrated anymore. Hopefully, you can find a suitable fix from our list!
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.