Onn Roku TVs are affordable and match what we have out there regarding reliability and quality. Nonetheless, it can refuse to turn on in some instances for various reasons. We’ve conducted in-depth research on the best ways to fix this common problem.
What to do when Onn Roku TV won’t turn on? Check your remote control, check the power supply system, reset your TV, and replace your connection and power cables. If the issue persists, update your Onn Roku TV’s firmware, and factory reset the TV.
This article provides all the details you need to fix an Onn Roku TV that won’t turn on. Read on if you need more. Check out the list of the best streaming devices on Amazon now!
Why Won’t Onn Roku TV Turn On?
If your Onn Roku TV is not turning on, you might be a victim of one of the following:
- Missing updates.
- Firmware issues.
- Loose connections or power issues.
- Software or hardware issues.
- Remote control issue.
Regardless of the underlying cause of the problem, there are several simple things you can do to fix your Onn Roku that’s not turning on within a few minutes.
What to Do When Onn Roku TV Won’t Turn On?
While several varied factors might hinder your Onn Roku TV from turning on, you can fix it fast by following the steps outlined below.
Step 1: Check Your Remote Control
If you rely on your remote to turn on the TV, do the following to troubleshoot and fix the issue:
- Ensure your remote batteries are fully charged and properly fixed.
- Press all the buttons on the remote a few times to make sure one of them is not stuck.
- If it’s a universal remote control, be sure to program the TV in the right way.
- Ensure no physical objects are obstructing or interfering with the signals from the remote.
- Hold the remote closer to the TV.
- Replace the remote and find out whether that solves it.
Here is how you can power cycle your Hisense TV remote so it turns the TV on as it should:
- Take the batteries out of the remote.
- Press and hold the remote’s power button for 30 seconds.
- Place the batteries back in.
Step 2: Check Power Supply System
Your Onn Roku TV won’t turn on if it isn’t receiving enough power.
Here are the steps you should do to find out whether the TV set is getting adequate energy:
- Ensure all your cables and connections are firmly plugged in.
- Disconnect all the cables, make sure they are not dusty/dirty, and then place them back in.
- Use a different power outlet to determine whether the current outlet might be faulty. Ensure you use an external power cord, not a USB port on any device.
Step 3: Reset Your TV
If you only reboot your TV occasionally, you are most likely a victim of temporal software issues. You can fix them by resetting the device. Here are the steps you can follow to soft reset it:
- Unplug the power cable from the power outlet.
- Wait for at least 60 seconds.
- Hold down the TV’s power button for at least 60 seconds (Don’t use the controller’s power button).
- Replug the power cable to the power socket (Circumvent extension cords and surge guards).
Here is an alternative way to try to achieve the same goal if the TV has been turned off:
- Turn your TV off.
- Connect the TV to the power supply.
- Press and hold the Power key on the remote for 30 seconds while holding the remote close to the TV.
- Turn the TV back on.
Step 4: Replace Your Cables
If you are using the wrong cables, your Onn Roku TV will likely refuse to turn on. So, you should do this to fix that:
- Use the cables that came with your TV set.
- If you can’t find them, go for an original replacement.
Step 5: Update Onn Roku TV
Now that the TV has refused to turn on, you won’t use the traditional method of navigating to the settings. That means the best alternative is to turn on the auto update-software feature before you experience this problem.
If you failed to update the settings in time, contact Onn for ways to do so via a USB drive. Due to the lengthy process, most people prefer to factory reset their TVs. See more on this next.
Step 6: Factory Reset
You won’t use your remote here too. To factory reset an Onn Roku TV that won’t turn on, do this:
- Long press the Reset button located under or on the back of your Onn Roku TV for 20 seconds (Use a pointed object like a pin).
- Release the button.
That’s all. That will return the TV to its original factory settings and fix all software-related issues.
Onn TV Won’t Turn On But the Red Light Is On
To make it easy, look for indicators of the specific underlying problem. The LED indicator at the bottom of the screen should guide you.
If you can see a white LED indicator, but the screen remains black, the TV may be still on standby mode. If no light appears, you have to follow all the steps above to get a clue.
Sometimes, you might notice that the red light is on, instead of the white one. If you see this, you don’t have to go through all the steps we’ve seen above.
You are likely a victim of hardware or power supply issues.
Some software errors can affect the power supply. So, you need to power cycle the device and see how things go after that.
To fix the issue, you should:
- Unplug the TV for 5-10 minutes.
- Plug it back in.
You can also long-press the power button on the remote for 30 seconds before plugging the power cable back in, as we saw before, to clear the power residue and eliminate any temporal software bugs.
If that fails, you are almost sure that other hardware issues are responsible.
What should you do now? Find out whether your Onn Roku TV is still under warranty. If it is, reach out to the manufacturer for repair or replacement.
If the TV is not under coverage, call your repair expert to troubleshoot and fix the TV for you. Check out the list of the best streaming devices on Amazon now!
Fixing Onn TV that Won’t Turn On
All in all, the first thing you should do is to power cycle your TV by unplugging it from the wall outlet and then plugging it back in after 1 minute.
The second best fix is to inspect your remote for any stuck buttons, then take the batteries out, hold the power button for 30 seconds, and place the batteries back in once you are done.
If nothing works, factory reset your Hisense TV by pressing and holding the TV’s reset button located in a small hole labeled RESET. We are pretty lucky that Hisense TV has it, not all TVs do.
You can follow the simple troubleshooting techniques we’ve shared here whenever your Onn Roku TV refuses to turn on. Most of these fixes are as basic as checking your remote control’s batteries or replacing your connection cables.
So, you can see that you don’t require any tech skill to enjoy the reliability, affordability, and quality that Onn Roku TV provides.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.