Apple TV is an Apple device that allows you to rent and stream movies from different streaming services and apps, but if you’re having trouble getting Apple TV on your Samsung TV, then I will guide you through what you need to do.
Getting set up on Apple TV is a breeze, and the rest of this article will walk you through it step by step.
Why Can’t I Find Apple TV App on My Samsung TV?
If you can’t find the Apple TV app on your Samsung TV, it’s likely that you have an older model that isn’t compatible with Apple TV.
The following models are compatible with the Apple TV app.
- QLED 8K Q900R and 2019 Serif TV (2019)
- QLED 4K Q90R, Q80R, Q70R, Q7DR, Q60R, and Q6DR (2019)
- Frame TV LS03R/LS03N (2019 and 2018)
- 4K UHD TV RU8000, RU800D, RU740D, RU7300, RU730D, RU7100, and RU710D (2019)
- QLED 4K Q9FN, Q8FN, Q7CN, Q7FN, Q75FN, Q6FN, and Q65FN (2018)
- 4K UHD TV NU8500, NU8000, NU740D, NU7300, NU7200, NU7100, NU710D, NU6950, NU6900, NU6900B, NU6080, and NU6070 (2018)
- Smart Full HDTV N5300 (2018)
Keep in mind that for most supported models (2019 and newer), the Apple TV app will be included by default.
On the other hand, if you have a 2017 or 2018 model, you’ll need to download the app yourself.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Apps page
- Search for Apple TV
- Click Download
Once done, you can put the app anywhere on your home screen for ease of access.
You can still get an Apple TV even if your Samsung TVs isn’t a smart one.
If you have a PlayStation 4 or 5, an Xbox Series S/X or Xbox One, you can get the Apple TV app through that.
Other streaming options like the Chromecast, Roku, or Fire TV stick support the Apple TV app as well.
How to Get Apple TV on Samsung TV
Getting Apple TV on Samsung TV is pretty straightforward. If you have a smart Samsung TV (2019 or newer), then the Apple TV app should just be available right from the get-go.
For 2017 and 2018 models, you can still download it from the Apps page of your Samsung TV.
Keep in mind that the 2017 version is a bit more limited in what it can do.
You can only watch Apple TV+ movies from the app.
You can’t purchase or rent media from the iTunes store or other third-party sources.
Signing Up for Apple TV
Keep in mind that while you do have the capability to stream Apple TV+ through the Apple TV app on your Samsung Smart TV, you’ll still have to sign up for a monthly subscription with Apple using your Apple ID.
To get signed up, follow these steps:
- Open the Apple TV app and redeem any applicable promotions
- Choose the Originals tab
- Pick Sign In and Start Free Trial (You might alternatively see a Get Apple TV+ or Start Free Trial button
- Sign in with your Apple ID or follow the prompts to create one
- Confirm your billing info and add a payment method
- Confirm and agree to the terms and conditions
Once done, you’ll be able to watch Apple TV+ content on your device.
If you don’t have an Apple ID at the time of signing up for Apple ID, no worries!
Not only can you create one in the signup process, but Apple usually offers promotions for people signing up for the first time.
Keep in mind that once your free trial ends, you’ll be charged monthly for a continuing subscription to Apple TV+.
How to Get Apple TV on Older Samsung TV
Getting an Apple TV is a breeze on Older Samsung TVs; you just have to do a bit more legwork.
On 2017 and 2018 models, you can still get the app, but you’ll have to download it from the app store.
If your model isn’t compatible with the app, you can download it from the respective app stores of the following devices:
- Xbox Series S/X
- Xbox One
- Fire TV
Any of these alternatives will have the option to download and use the Apple TV app to enjoy Apple’s original TV content.
Getting set up with the Apple TV app is easy and straightforward in most cases, allowing you to enjoy any Apple TV content as long as you’re signed up for a monthly subscription.
To recap, here are the steps:
- Navigate to the Apple TV app on your Samsung television (it should be on there by default).
- Go into Settings, select Accounts, then pick Sign In.
- Once you’ve selected your sign-in options and followed the process through, you should be able to use the Apple TV app for streaming Apple TV+ or view content you already own in your Library.
That’s it, now you are ready to enjoy your TV show!
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.