LG “soundbars” are a premium type of loudspeakers designed to give your viewing experience a cinematic feel. They are much wider in size than other loudspeakers, allowing them to be mounted above and below the desired viewing device. TV’s are often chosen to pair this device; however, some people have found it difficult to operate a Samsung TV with a soundbar. The simple answer is yes; both Samsung TV and LG soundbar are compatible with each other. There are a few simple steps to go through when connecting them together. Following these procedures will ensure that both devices are synced. Check out the list of the Best Samsung TVs and Best LG Soundbars on Amazon now!
Does LG Soundbar Work With Samsung TV?
There is no need for both devices to be of the same brand. A Samsung device is as compatible with an LG device as it is with a Samsung device. The only difference is that if the two devices are from the same company, they will sync faster because of the built-in features they possess. It is not advisable to compromise on the quality of your purchases in order to make sure that both devices are from the same company. The devices are going to sync eventually if you follow this detailed guide.
When buying the two devices, you must make sure that they have an HDMI ARC port. An Audio Return Channel (ARC) will provide a medium for the two devices to send and receive data. Most TV’s have an HDMI port option, and the soundbars can be connected through this port. An HDMI cable can be used to connect these two devices. This is the base criteria for compatibility, meaning if both the devices have this port, then they will be compatible.
How To Connect LG Soundbar To Samsung TV?
The following steps can be carried out to connect the two devices via an HDMI cable.
- Purchase an HDMI cable of sufficient length (1-3 meters) depending on the distance between the devices in your setup.
- Find the HDMI “out” port on the Soundbar and plug in one end of the HDMI cable in this port.
- Plug the other end of the cable into the TV’s HDMI ARC port.
- Enable the Aynet+ feature found on the newer Samsung smart TVs. This feature enables the Soundbar to activate itself (or turn itself off) depending on when you switch the TV on and off.
- Change the sound setting by going to the sound menu and choosing the output option. Change the output option to the soundbar option, which would appear after the HDMI connection has been made. Select the Soundbar to be your primary sound output device.
The Aynet+ feature comes in handy as it reduces the hassle to individually switch both the devices on and off. Through this HDMI connection, users can also control the soundbar volume through the Samsung TV remote.
How To Connect LG Soundbar To Samsung TV Without A Cable?
Going wireless seems to be everyone’s goal in this decade. Similarly, there are ways in which the connection between the Soundbar and the Tv can be established with cables. There are two main ways to do that. The first way is via Bluetooth and the second way is through Wi-Fi.
The following steps can be followed to establish a Bluetooth connection between a soundbar and a Samsung TV. For this option to work, the Soundbar should have a Bluetooth option. However, that may not be an issue since most speakers have this option.
- Bring up the smart hub on your Samsung TV by pressing the home button.
- Through the sound, settings choose the output option.
- On the output options menu, choose “Bluetooth speaker list.” This list will show all the speakers available to pair in the range of the TV.
- Select the option that shows your Soundbar and then select the pair option from the drop-down menu.
- Deactivate multi-audio output from the smart hub menu if you listen to both the speakers (internal speakers and Soundbar) simultaneously.
If these steps do not work, then try to power down and then switch on both devices. Another trick is to delete all other Bluetooth speaker options from the speaker list and then connecting to the only one left on the list (which would be the Soundbar).
The second option to connect the Soundbar without a cable is through a Wi-Fi signal. To make this possible, both the Soundbar and the TV should have a Wi-Fi option. If your devices were bought after 2014, then they will certainly have this option. Connect both of these devices to the same Wi-Fi signal and follow the steps below to achieve successful syncing.
- Download the Samsung SmartThings app on a mobile phone that is connected to the same Wi-Fi signal that the other two devices are connected to.
- Click the source button on your Soundbar (or choose the source button through the remote) to enable the Wi-Fi mode on the Soundbar.
- Select the plus sign on the app and click the “add a device” option.
- Tap AV and select the brand of the Soundbar.
- Tap start and select the location. The phone will search and take care of the rest.
How Do I Know If My TV Is Compatible With A Soundbar?
Soundbars do not have to be of the same brand are designed to work with both newer and older TVs. Therefore, there are multiple options to connect the two devices with (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, HDMI, Optical). If both the devices have an HDMI ARC option, then they will be compatible. You can also test out more options to see which gives the best sound quality.
A very few users have devices that do not have the option of an HDMI ARC. In this case, the option of using an optical cable can be employed. The steps of connecting an optical cable are similar to the HDMI connection steps. When the cable turns red, you will know that the connection has been established.
How Do I Sync My Soundbar To The TV?
There is a very easy way to adjust the sync of these two devices. You will need the remote of the Soundbar to sync them successfully. Find and press the sound control or audio sync button on the Soundbar remote and then use the forward/backward (left/right) keys to adjust the timing of the sound with the movement on the TV.
How Do I Get My TV To Recognize The Soundbar?
The LG soundbar will be discoverable if you are going for the Bluetooth or the Wi-Fi option. Enable the Bluetooth option on the Soundbar for it to be discoverable in the TV’s Bluetooth list. Connecting it with the Wi-Fi will allow it to be recognized by the app if you are choosing the Wi-Fi option.
Using an HDMI or optical cable would also allow the TV to recognize the device. After the connection has been made, check the sound output menu to see if the Tv has recognized your LG soundbar correctly or not.
Is It Better To Connect The Soundbar With HDMI Or Optical Cable?
HDMI cable is the better option between the two since it can pass high-resolution audio. This allows the HDMI cable to be compatible with many different audio formats, like the blue-ray Dolby TrueHD. HDMI can also pass video signals, so you can hook the same cable to your laptop for other tasks. The optical cable is similar in every other aspect; however, the high-resolution audio is the only difference. The difference may not be much to an untrained ear, and so the optical cable is also passable. In some cases, an HDMI cable cannot be used because of the hardware. However, it is not the end of the world.
An HDMI is much better in terms of simplicity, too, since it is much compact and can carry video signals. This eliminates the need for other cables to carry the video signals.
Why Does My Soundbar Not Work With Netflix?
Check for any loose connections and fix them before proceeding to do anything with the software. Also, check if the device is discoverable on the TV and is working with the other apps on the TV. If this is the case, then the issue could reside with the Netflix app. It is a common issue where viewers are unable to hear the movie on Netflix. The simple fix is to check the audio option on the movie. The audio options can be accessed from the subtitle settings on the Netflix player’s taskbar. Some titles will support the Dolby5.1 or Atmos, and others will not. For titles that do not have more than one option in your language, this cannot be fixed, and users are bound to listen to the movie on the TV.
No matter the two devices’ brand, using these steps will ensure a successful connection between an LG soundbar and a Samsung Smart TV. You can choose between four ways to connect the two devices. Use the way that gives the best audio quality.