The Bravia TV sets are Sony’s most popular brand line. Sony has grown the brand significantly in the past few decades.
How to Reset a Sony Bravia TV? Press the Home button on your remote and go to Settings>Storage and Reset>Factory Data Reset>Erase all data>Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reset. Bear in mind, factory reset will delete all stored data on your TV.
You can also power reset your TV by turning it off, unplugging it from the wall, waiting 1 minute, then plugging it back in.
However, even the most streamlined devices face some issues now and then. To solve any issues, an induvial must know about their device and how to reset it. This article will explore all the popular ways to reset a Bravia TV set. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Is There A Reset Button On Sony Bravia TV?
You can use the buttons on the TV’s remote to reset the TV. You can also use one of the methods discussed below to reset the TV. One of these methods does not even involve any buttons.
However, you cannot find any buttons that are specifically labeled as the “reset” button on the TV itself. A combination of the remote buttons can be used to reset your Bravia TV. You can find a detailed guide about this method in the sections below.
How To Reset A Sony Bravia TV?
Follow the steps below to learn about “factory resetting” a Bravia TV.
- Press the “Home” button on your remote and select “Settings” from the menu that pops up.
- Select the “Storage and Reset” option from the “Settings” menu.
- Select the “Factory Data Reset” option from this set of options and continue with the on-screen instructions about all the warnings.
- This process will erase all the data that has been stored on your TV. It helps the TV run faster and smoother as its cache is now empty.
How To Reset Sony Bravia TV With A Remote?
You can also use a combination of buttons on your remote to reset your TV. It is a very simple process, with detailed steps given below:
- Unplug your TV from its outlet to begin this process.
- Hold the “Down” (directional key) button and “Power” button simultaneously before plugging the TV back into its outlet.
- A green LED light will start blinking. This is when you should release the buttons you were holding down.
- The TV will reboot a couple of times before the TV finally resets, and a welcome screen appears on the screen. Your TV will run faster as its cache will be erased completely.
How To Reset Sony Bravia TV Without A Remote?
You do not need a remote to follow the method explained below.
- Unplug the TV and wait for all of its residual electricity to drain out. This usually takes a couple of minutes.
- After a couple of minutes, you can plug it back in and turn it on. This method is called a “Power Reset” and can sort out some of the issues a TV faces. However, it is not as elaborate (or powerful) as the “factory reset” method explained in other sections.
How To Reset Sony TV After A Power Surge?
You can unplug the TV and wait for the power to come back on. After you are sure the electricity supply is stable, you can plug it back on and follow the three methods explained above.
How do I reset my old Sony TV?
Older Smart TVs also have similar functionality and can be reset by using the same methods described in the sections above. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Each model has its own variations; however, your answer lies in the methods described above. The names of the options may not be exactly what they are on your TV, as Sony keeps on updating its firmware and OS environment from time to time.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.