Vizio TV is a well-known TV manufacturer. They also produce soundbars, speakers, and SmartCast tablets. The secret behind the success of Vizio TV is its aggressive prices that provide great bang for your buck. They come with amazing picture quality and are packed with features to improve the viewing experience of their clients. Screencasting is one of these features. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Does Vizio TV Have Casting?
Vizio P-series TV and all other Vizio TVs released after 2016 have the SmartCast feature built-in so that you do not need to buy Google Chromecast or any other streaming gadget to get the most out of your TV.
Users of Vizio TVs can project their multimedia from PC, Laptop, and Phones with ease. If you want to know how you can do this, stick around as in this article, we will guide you on the different ways to project to your Vizio TV and solve any problems you might face along the way.
How To Set Up Chromecast On Vizio TV?
Google Chromecast is a streaming technology by Google and is widely used by people to stream content from their devices to their big screens. Vizio TV’s proprietary SmartCast feature has Chromecast built-in and is already set up. This feature makes casting on your device so much easier as all Android devices and PCs can now connect to your device without any extra hardware. Follow the following instructions to connect your tablet/mobile to your TV using Chromecast:
- Make sure your mobile/tablet is connected to the same WiFi as your Vizio TV.
- Open any Chromecast-enabled app, such as Youtube, Hulu, or Netflix, on your device.
- Once your content is playing on your device, you should see a cast button. It is a small white square with a WiFi symbol. Click it.
- You should see the devices available for casting your content. Select your Vizio TV and give it a few seconds to connect. Your media should start to play on your TV.
Apart from Chromecast, you can also connect your mobile and tablet devices to your TV using Vizio’s app.
How To Cast From A Phone To A Vizio TV?
Using their purpose-built app, you can use your phone to stream content directly to your Vizio TV. Just follow these steps:
- Ensure your TV and your telephone or tablet are connected to the same WiFi.
- Download and install the Vizio SmartCast Mobile App from Google Play Store. In case you’re utilizing an Apple gadget, download it from Apple App Store.
- Once the application is installed on your gadget, open it and sign up. In case this isn’t your first time signing in to the Vizio SmartCast Mobile application, jump to the next step.
- Select the menu on the upper left half of your screen and select Add New Device.
- After doing so, you should see a Welcome screen with the Get Started button. Tap on the button to start the process.
- Choose the language which you would like to use.
- If your gadget has Bluetooth support, you can connect it with your TV at this point.
- On the off chance that your device does not have Bluetooth LE, the application will allow you to connect to your TV via your WiFi.
- After you join WiFi Network, the application will request you to Name Your Display and save it.
- That is it, and you would now be able to browse the application and stream your desired content on your TV.
How To Cast From A Laptop/PC To A Vizio TV?
Using SmartCast, you can connect your laptop or PC to your TV.
- For this, you are going to need Google Chrome on your PC/TV. If you do not have it already, download and open the Google Chrome program on your Windows or Mac PC.
- Make sure both your TV and Windows 10 PC/Laptop are on the same WiFi.
- Once in Google Chrome, click the three-dot menu at the upper right side and click on Cast.
- You should see a list of all the available Chromecast empowered displays on which you can project.
- By default, the cast feature is set to “Cast Tab,” which implies that the device will project only the chrome tab you have open to your TV. There are three sorts of projecting choices that you can choose by selecting the sources button. The other options you have are Cast Desktop and Cast File.
- By selecting Cast Desktop, you can share your whole Windows screen with your TV.
- When you select Cast File, you can choose the file you want to play on your screen. This file can be a video or audio.
Alternatively, you can also use an HDMI cable to connect your PC to your TV.
How To Fix SmartCast On Your Vizio TV?
Though utterly convenient, the SmartCast experience is not without bumps. Sometimes you can face issues when running it, and we have some tricks to get you back running as soon as possible.
In this section, we provide a few common solutions, but we also wrote a dedicated article on the issue, you can read it here.
- Verify your TV is connected to your network.
- Go to the Network Menu and select “Test Connection.”
- If the test shows your TV is not connected or the connection speed is zero or unavailable, you have an issue with your TV’s internet connection. Try rebooting your network router and check the internet connection/speed on another device.
- In case everything is fine, move on to the next step.
- Make sure your device is connected to the same WiFi as your TV.
- Refresh Smart Cast Home.
- Change your TV mode to SmartCast.
- Go to the TV Menu.
- Open the Systems Menu.
- Switch the language to French or Spanish and do not close the menu.
- Wait for it to refresh and then change the language back to English. This refresh will solve any small software glitches.
- However, if SmartCast home takes a lot of time to load, it may mean your network is really slow.
- If it does not load again at all, move on to the next step.
- Reset your television
Sometimes software glitches or a change in settings may be the cause of your problem. In this case, the quickest way to bring everything back to the manufacturer’s default settings would be to factory reset your TV. You can do this by:
- On your TV remote, press the Menu button
- Highlight and select the Reset and Admin option.
- Go to and choose the option Reset to Factory Settings.
- Choose the Reset option.
- Once your TV is reset, complete the setup to get it running again.
This process should resolve any software issues. If SmartCast still does not work, it may be helpful to call Vizio’s customer care or a reliable technician to help resolve the issue. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Vizio has definitely changed the way TVs can be used for entertainment by incorporating SmartCast in all their TVs by default. This article should help you easily connect all your devices to your TV so that you can stream your favorite content with ease. In case you do run into issues, our handy solutions can help you resolve your problems quickly so you can get back up and running as soon as possible.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.