If you want to stream your favorite content on Hulu via your TV, you must log in on to the TV. Unfortunately, due to several reasons, your Hulu can refuse to let you log into the device. We want to help you understand the underlying causes of this unpleasant issue and give you simple ways to address it.
Why won’t Hulu let you log in on my TV? It could be an incorrect Hulu account password/username, issues with your subscription, Hulu server problems, app glitches. Restart the Hulu App and the streaming device, power cycle your TV, update the app, reinstall the app, clear the app’s cache.
So, you can troubleshoot the exact reason Hulu won’t allow you to login on to your TV and fix it in minutes. To see why and how to do this, read on to the end. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Why Won’t Hulu Let Me Log in On My TV, And How to Fix It?
1. Inaccurate Hulu account login credentials.
One of the possible reasons Hulu won’t let you log into your TV is that you are using inaccurate Hulu account login credentials.
If you get this message, “Error: Your login is invalid” or “Your login is invalid. Please try again,” you’ve entered the wrong password or username.
You can fix this by doing the following:
- Enter the correct password and username.
- Ensure your Caps Lock isn’t enabled when that’s not necessary.
- If the two steps above fail you, reset your password or recover your email.
How Can You Reset Your Password?
If you can’t remember your password, you can use Hulu’s Forgot Password tool. Once you enter your Hulu email, you’ll receive your reset password email. To hit this goal, you should do this:
- Be ready to wait for as long as 15 minutes for you to receive the password reset email.
- Check your spam/junk folders if you don’t receive the email within 15 minutes.
- Use the password reset link within three hours (before the expiry).
What if You Don’t Remember Your Hulu Email?
If you don’t remember the email address or haven’t received the password reset email, you can use the Hulu Account Recovery tool.
To recover or verify the email they have on file, you’ll be required to enter the payment information associated with your account.
If you need further help, follow these steps:
- Go to the Hulu Contact Page from the web browser.
- Select Device Setup & Login.
- Go to Email & Password Not Working.
- After that, click, I Still Need Help.
- Communicate with Hulu via phone call or live chat.
2. Issues with your Hulu Subscription
You could be in this dilemma since your subscription has ended, or the account may be on hold. To determine the exact status of your subscription, you should go to the Account Page. Here, you’ll see whether your credit or debit card has expired, or the account is on hold or terminated.
You may have to update your payment information as well.
If none of that works, your subscription might be part of a bundle, or it’s not activated. To fix this, use your bundle’s password and username. Moreover, ensure your subscription is activated.
3. Hulu Server Problems
Server outages and other related problems can hinder you from logging in on your TV from time to time. The simplest solution is to check your account’s status on the Account Page. If you confirm that server issues are causing the trouble, you can best wait for them to rectify it.
4. Hulu App Glitches
Hulu app glitches can temporarily hinder you from logging in on your TV. To resolve them, you should:
5. Restart the Hulu App
The best way to do it is to perform a power cycle: Turn off your device. Wait a few minutes, then power it back up. You can apply the same steps to your modem or router if you suspect any connectivity issues.
6. Power Cycle your TV
If you read my blog before, you know it is my favorite way of fixing things. Simply turn your TV off, unplug it from the wall, wait for a minute or so, and then turn your TV on again.
7. Update the App
The process differs depending on what TV or streaming device you are using Hulu, but the steps are pretty much the same for all of them. Here are some general guidelines, we will use Samsung TV as an example:
Press the Menu button on your remote and go to Support>Software Update>select Update Now.
8. Clear the App’s Cache
Once again, the process will differ depending on your TV type, we will once again provide the general guidelines here:
- Tap the Home button on your remote control.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Go to the System apps.
- Find and select Hulu.
- Tap on “Clear cache”.
- Tap OK to confirm.
9. Reinstall the App
If nothing so far has worked for you, the next thing to try is to simply uninstall the Hulu app, and then reinstall it. There is a high chance it will help to get rid of the potential software glitches that the app has been having.
Simply navigate to your TV’s or streaming devices Settings>find Apps>Hulu>Click Uninstall. After you have uninstalled the app, power cycle your TV as described above, and then reinstall the app.
10. Soft Reset your Streaming Device
If you have tried all the steps above connected with the Hulu app itself and nothing seems to work, let’s try to make sure that your streaming device is in good shape.
- Unplug your streaming device from the power source.
- Disconnect any cables connected to the streaming device.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Reconnect all the cables.
- Plug your device back in.
Related Post: Solved: Hulu Won’t Let Me Log In On My Phone/PC
What Does It Mean When Hulu Says Login Has Been Blocked?
If Hulu says, “Login has been blocked,” it means you have no permission to use your device to access your account.
In other words, your device isn’t activated. So, it would be best if you had advanced tips to fix the issue.
How Do You Fix Hulu is Blocked on this Device?
To activate your new TV on Hulu, you should:
- Launch your Hulu app.
- On the Welcome screen, select Log In.
- Choose Activate on a computer.
- Take a look at the Activation Code on the next screen.
- Navigate to your Account Page.
- Find Watch Hulu on Your Devices section (Alternatively, you can head to hulu.com/activate).
- Enter the activation code displayed on your TV’s screen (After that, you’ll log in within 30 seconds or so).
If this is not working for you, you can download the Hulu app and log in with your password and email address. Now that you’re using a smart TV, you have the option to activate it online.
Once your TV is activated, you’ll get an email with the following details:
- Your TV-type.
- Where it was activated.
- The date when you activated it.
Here is another thing to try:
- Go into Windows 10 Apps Settings.
- Select the Hulu app.
- Open the Advanced Options menu.
- Click reset.
- Try uninstalling the app following the steps above and launch the app from the store itself, not the notification.
- Make sure you enable location permissions for the Hulu app and third-party cookies.
- Clearing your browser’s history is a good thing to try.
Do You Have to Verify Email For Hulu?
Yes, you have to verify your email for Hulu. It’s a security measure meant to protect your personal information and identity.
So, you should expect to go through the verification process when setting up your Hulu account.
You’ll receive a verification link. You need to click on it to verify that you own and have full access to it.
Hulu Says We Can’t Verify Your Email Now, What to Do?
If Hulu says they can’t verify your email, it means you’ve entered an incorrect password or email. Most people who pay for the service through third parties like Spotify, Roku, Amazon, and Apple are often at risk of experiencing this.
What should you do? Ensure you use the correct login details. If you pay for Hulu through any third party, try logging in with the password and email address you use for their services.
The login details can be the same for Hulu.
Hulu Won’t Let Me Log In reCAPTCHA, What To Do?
Sometimes, Hulu won’t allow you to log in to reCAPTCHA no matter what you do. This service helps Hulu to confirm that a human being is using the system, not a robot. Some of the leading reasons it might fail to work are:
- You’re using an outdated web browser.
- Your VPN is interfering with the service.
- Malware such as adware tool and Trojan have infected your browser.
- The system might have flagged your IP address as suspicious.
To stop Hulu from letting you log in to Recaptcha, you should do the following:
1. Update your web browser
If you’re using Chrome, you should:
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Go to the three-dot menu.
- Click on Help > About Chrome.
- Wait as the system automatically searches for the latest update and installs it.
- Restart Chrome and retest whether that fixes the issue.
For Mozilla Firefox, you should:
- Open Firefox.
- Go to the browser’s three-bar menu and click on Help.
- Tap on the About Firefox.
- Click on Update to install the updates.
- Relaunch Firefox and see whether that fixes the issue.
- Disable your proxy or VPN service.
- Reset your IP address.
- Scan for malware on your device.
Now you shouldn’t let these Hulu login problems prevent you from logging in on your TV and enjoying your favorite entertainment movies, shows, and more.
You can identify whether you are a victim of incorrect login details, server problems, app glitches, subscription-related problems, and others and fix the issue easily.
So, go ahead and implement these tips to prevent these logging issues from limiting your freedom to choose your preferred content.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.