With approximately 37% of internet users subscribed to Netflix, it remains one of the most popular streaming services you can watch without WIFI on TV, Mac, Xbox, and more. Some people with no reliable WIFI connection ask whether they can watch it with ease. Due to our extensive experience, we want to give you the tried-and-tested tips you need to do so without sweating.
How to watch Netflix without WiFi? Install the Netflix app on your phone/iPhone and then download your favorite videos. Use either the Apple Lightning Connector or Chromecast to mirror the content to your TV. You can also use an Ethernet cable connection as an alternative.
As you see, there are simple ways you can watch Netflix when you don’t have WIFI. If you are eager to do so, please read on. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Do You Have to Have WIFI to Get Netflix?
No, as we have said, it’s not an obligatory requirement. Netflix allows you to download lots of content via its app for offline viewing. Other than that, you can browse and watch Netflix over the right broadband connection.
How to Watch Netflix Without WIFI on TV?
Here are the easiest and effective ways you can watch Netflix without WIFI on your TV:
1. Use the Apple Lightning Connector
With this method, you should mirror the content from your iPhone to the television. All you need to do is connect the Apple Lightning Connector to your iPhone. Here are the two simple steps you should follow to establish the connection:
- Plug the HDMI cable into your TV
- Plug the remaining end of the cable into your lighting connector
- That’s all. You can start streaming from the iPhone to the TV without WIFI.
Note: We shall see how you can download the Netflix app install it on your iPhone in the next section. We shall also see how to download videos and store them on various devices.
2. Use Chromecast
If you choose to use Chromecast, follow these steps:
- Prepare well in advance
You should go for the latest version of the Chromecast device, install the updated Google Home app version on your TV and iPhone, and find a compatible travel router.
- Connect Chromecast and your TV to the travel router
To connect these devices, you should:
- Assign a network name and password for the travel router
- Access your TV’s Google Home and connect Chromecast to the router
- Plug the router to get a new network connection
3. Connect the TV to the network
- Go to your TV’s settings
- Find your travel routers assigned SSID
- Click on connect
4. Connect your iPhone to the New Network
- On your iPhone, turn the wireless connection on
- Join the travel router’s network
- Access Google Home on the iPhone
- Connect to Chromecast
- Stream saved content on the iPhone to your TV
How to install Netflix on Macbook/Macbook Air?
To install Netflix on Macbook, you should:
- Connect to WIFI
- Activate your Netflix subscription
- Download the app on your iOS device
- Once downloaded, the device will install it automatically
How do you download Netflix videos? To download your preferred content, you should:
- Ensure you have a stable WIFI connection
- Open the Netflix app on the device
- Select your favorite content
- Click on the Download button
You can also download your best videos to your Macbook via windows. Here are the steps you can follow to do this:
- Click on the Start menu
- Select Store
- Type Netflix in the search box
- Press Enter
- Select Install
How to Watch Netflix on Macbook without WIFI?
To watch Netflix on Macbook without WIFI, you need this:
- A TV show or video that has a download option (you should click the icon to download and save the content on your device)
- An active Netflix subscription
- A device the supports Netflix
If you have all these and are ready to watch Netflix without WIFI, you can stream via Airplay. Now that you’ve downloaded the app on your Macbook, you’ll find that the work is easy.
Here are the few steps you need to follow to play your favorite content on the device:
- Open AirPlay on the device
- Tap Screen Mirroring
- Choose your Macbook from the list of devices that appear
- Open the Netflix app
- Select the downloaded content that you want to watch
- Enjoy the show
How to Watch Netflix on Xbox without WIFI?
To play Netflix on Xbox offline, you should start by installing the Netflix app.
- Go to the Store tab in your Xbox’s main menu
- Go to Apps
- Look for Netflix at the top of the first row. You can also find it through the search field
- Highlight Netflix
- Press A and then go to install
Please note that you’ll need WIFI to complete the installation stage. You’ll also require it to download your favorite videos. After that, you can watch your videos offline. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Here’s what you should do to download and play your Netflix videos:
- Use Netflix Video Downloader to download the videos as MP4 files to your computer
- Transfer these files to your USB stick
- Connect the USB to Xbox
- Play your videos with a media player
As we’ve seen, if you want to watch Netflix without WIFI on your TV, Mac, Xbox, you aren’t completely out of luck. All you need is to use the simple tips you’ve seen here that are suitable for your device.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.