Tubi TV is the largest free service for streaming movies and TV shows with only one downside: periodical ads. The cost-effectiveness has made it the go-to source of entertainment for many.
Uninstall and reinstall the Tubi app, restart your TV/Tubi app/streaming device, check your TV is running the latest software version, clear the Tubi app’s cache, update the Tubi app. Power reset your TV and router. Unplug them from the wall, wait 1 minute, plug them back in. Try casting from a different device.
However, the experience is not always smooth, and you can occasionally find it not working for you. In some cases, simply restarting your app or device can solve the problem. Worry not if this does not solve your problem. We have several solutions you can try. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Tubi TV Not Working On A Smart TV
We’ve divided our article into sections and included the best solutions for each and every streaming device. But bear in mind, they are all universal and can help you fix your Tubi app, so if the solutions from certain sections don’t work for you, you can always test out everything we talk about here.
Check your Internet Settings
- Come to the Home Screen, select Settings > Network > Network Status
- Make sure your TV is connected to the internet and has a stable connection.
Power Cycle your TV
Your TV can have some malfunctioning components. Sometimes this can be caused by an unnecessary charge. Power cycling your TV can remove any excess charges stored in the circuit of your TV and return all the electrical components to their default factory state.
- Switch off your TV
- Unplug it from its power socket
- Leave the TV unplugged for at least a minute
- Press the Power Button on your TV for approximately five seconds.
- Plug your TV back in
- Turn it on and check whether the issue is resolved.
For more tips on fixing your Tubi app on any smart TV, read the article below, there we go in-depth on how to troubleshoot your app.
Related Post: Why Can’t I Cast Tubi To My TV?(7 Easy Fixes)
Tubi TV Not Working On Samsung Smart TV
Upgrade your TV’s software
- Select Menu from the remote of your Samsung smart TV.
- Scroll down to select Support.
- Select the option Software Update
- Select Update Now
- Your TV should check for any available updates and display the available update.
- Select Yes to update the TV to the latest software by Samsung.
In some cases, the button Software Update may be greyed out, which may happen when you enter the menu soon after the TV is switched on or if your TV is in Smart Hub mode. Simply open any app and then go back to the menu to update your TV.
Tubi TV Not Working On Amazon Fire Stick
Clear your Tubi TV app’s cache
Every app on your device has a cache. These are files and settings stored on your device to help speed up loading and buffering times. However, this data can sometimes interrupt regular functions causing problems in loading or buffering the app or videos. Clearing your app cache will remove any extra stored data, including your login details, and solve the problem if the cache was causing it.
- Go to Settings from your Fire TV’s home screen.
- Select Applications.
- Choose Manage Installed Applications
- Select Tubi from the menu that comes up.
- Click the button labeled Clear Data or Clear Cache.
- Once this is done, reopen the app and log in.
- Check if the issue has been resolved.
Restart your Fire Stick
- From the Fire TV home screen, go to Settings.
- Select My Fire TV.
- Select Restart.
- Select Restart again to confirm.
Tubi TV Not Working On Roku
Check other channels to see if there are any more problems with streaming videos. If the answer is yes, an unstable or slow internet connection may be causing the issues on your Roku.
If you cannot play any video at all, your internet connection may be down.
- Go to Settings and select Network.
- Your status should say ‘Connected.’
- If it does not, select Set Up A New Wireless Connection and follow the instructions to connect to the internet.
- If you are unable to connect to your wireless connection, try connecting your Roku to your router using an Ethernet cable.
If your video is lagging or taking a lot of time to buffer, your internet connection may be very slow or unstable.
- Connect your Roku directly to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- If this does not resolve your issue, restart your router using its power button.
- Turn off or disconnect all other devices from your internet to see if the connection to your Roku gains some speed.
- In case this does not help, contact your internet provider to see if there is excess network congestion or an outage from their side.
- You can do this by going to your Roku Home screen, then Settings > System > System Restart Restart.
- You can also unplug your Roku from the power outlet and plug it back in.
Tubi TV Not Working On Apple TV
Update the Tubi TV app
Small bugs and software issues can sometimes hinder the normal functionality of any app, and the Tubi TV app is no exception. These bugs are the reason that app developers constantly release new software updates to improve the user experience and resolve any existing bugs.
- Open the App Store
- Search for the Tubi TV app.
- If your device has the latest version of the app, there will be a button to Open the app.
- If there is an available update, you should see a blue button saying Update. Click it, and once updated, you will see the Open button.
- Open the app and check whether the issue has been resolved.
Uninstall and reinstall the app
Often, the data of the Tubi TV app can get corrupted, making it unusable. It may happen during regular use. A simple solution to this is deleting and reinstalling the app. This action should resolve any issues if the root cause is corrupted app data.
- Use your remote control to scroll to and open the Settings app.
- Select General from the Settings Menu.
- Scroll down to select Manage Storage
- Go through the list of apps to find the Tubi TV app.
- Select the trash icon next to the name.
- Click Delete when prompted.
- The Tubi TV app should be deleted from your Apple TV and any other Apple TVs where you have activated the One Home Screen feature in your iCloud settings.
- Go back to your Home Screen and select the App Store.
- Search for Tubi TV and select Get.
- Login once the app is downloaded to check whether the issue has been resolved.
Close and restart the Tubi app
- Turn on Apple TV.
- While on the Home screen, double-click the TV button on the Siri/ Apple TV Remote.
- Swipe to the right on the trackpad to find Tubi.
- Swipe up on the trackpad to force the app to close.
- To exit Multitasking, press the “Menu” button on the Siri/Apple TV Remote.
- Try opening the app and see if it helped.
Restart Apple TV
On the Apple TV 4k or Apple TV 4th generation:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Scroll down to System, then select Restart.
On Apple TV 3rd generation and earlier:
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll to General, then select Restart.
Factory reset your device
Resetting your device is definitely the most drastic step in our arsenal. If none of these steps could solve your problem, it may just be that a virus or messed-up setting is interfering with running the apps on your device.
The quickest way to overcome this would be to factory reset your device, removing all stored apps and data. It would be ideal to make sure all your data is backed up before doing so to ensure you do not lose anything valuable. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
If you could not overcome your problem using all these steps, it may be one of the rare occasions when the problem is not in your hands. Tubi TV, like all services, utilizes multiple servers to decrease downtime. However, it is still not impossible for the service to be down if the servers are down from the service provider’s end for maintenance or unforeseen circumstances.
If you suspect this is the case, hop on to social media or contact Tubi TV customer service to confirm it. If confirmed, the best thing you can do is patiently wait for them to get everything up and running again. If not, you can share your problem with Tubi TV, and they may be able to let you know what you’re doing wrong.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.