The Amazon Fire Stick proved to be the innovation of a decade as it has the capabilities to make non-smart TVs display online content. However, in this age of “smart TVs,” many households cannot distinguish between the functions of a smart Tv and a dedicated streaming device.
This guide will explain how you can pair an Amazon Fire Stick with your Samsung Smart TV to access all the best content on your smart TV. Check out some of the best Fire Stick bundles on Amazon now!
Does Fire Stick Work With Samsung Smart TV?
The Fire Stick has been designed to work with many TVs produced in the world right now, including Samsung TVs. The main requirement to run a Fire Stick on your TV is to have an HDMI port and a USB port.
Even if your TV does not have a USB port, you can use the adapter from the Fire Stick box and connect it to an electrical port in your house. The USB port powers up the device; therefore, you can either use the TV’s USB port or an electrical plug.
Having the HDMI port is necessary since this connection will establish the transfer of data between the two devices. Most Samsung Smart TVs from the past decade have a built-in HDMI port, so you do not need to worry about the Fire Stick not working with your Samsung smart TV.
If your TV does not have an HDMI port or has a defective HDMI port (very rare cases), then you must buy a VGA/AV to HDMI port converter to make the Fire Stick work with your smart TV.
How to Connect Your Amazon Fire Stick to a Samsung TV?
The process of connecting a Samsung Smart TV to a Fire Stick is very similar to connecting it with any other TV. Go through the steps detailed below to understand this simple yet lengthy process.
- Unbox your Fire Stick and recognize the components so that you can follow the rest of the steps easily. There will be a remote, some batteries for the remote, a USB cable (depending on the model), an HDMI extender, and the Fire Stick itself.
- Plug the Fire Stick into the adapter via a USB cable and then plug in the adapter to an electrical outlet near your TV. Additionally, some people also opt to connect the USB cable to the TV rather than the adapter. This would also power up the Fire Stick adequately.
- Plug in the Fire Stick directly into the HDMI port of your Samsung smart TV to establish the required data transfer. If your TV supports the HDMI 1.4 feature, then you may even get a 4K resolution on your TV. Most recent sets have this feature!
- From your Samsung remote, choose the “sources” option and click the correct “HDMI” option to access the Fire Stick.
- The screen would then change, and the HDMI input would start to load on your screen. The loading screen has the Fire Stick logo on it. Please wait for a couple of moments for it to initialize.
- You would need to pair your Amazon remote with the Fire Stick to carry on with the next steps. To do this, you need to press the home button on the remote after placing the batteries in it. Keep it pressed for a couple of moments until the pair is complete.
- Connect your device to your Wi-Fi by following the on-screen instructions.
- Register or login with your Amazon account to complete the setup. You do not need an Amazon Prime Account to access the device; just a normal Amazon account will do.
After completing the setup, you can access all the Amazon apps. You do not need to do the setup every time you start up the device; however, pairing it with a new TV would require a setup. In that case, follow the steps from step one again.
How to Make Your Samsung Smart TV Remote Work on a Firestick?
It is relatively easy to convert your Samsung remote into a control for the Fire Stick. Follow these simple steps to use your Samsung remote for your Fire Stick:
- On your Fire Stick homepage, use your Samsung remote to open the “tools” section. Press the “tools” button on your Samsung remote.
- Click the “Anynet+” option on this “tools” menu and enable it for the Fire Stick.
- Now your Samsung remote will pair itself with the device and work seamlessly.
- If it does not, then restart all devices and carry out this procedure again.
How to Connect Your Amazon Fire Stick to a Samsung TV Without a Remote?
If you cannot get your hands on the Amazon Fire Stick remote, then there are other ways to operate it. You can either use your TV’s remote following the steps listed above.
You can also use an app to control the Firestick as well! Follow the steps below to find out how to do this.
- Download the Fire Stick app on your Android or IOS device and connect it to the same Wi-Fi that the Fire Stick is connected to.
- Go to the “available devices” in the app and choose the Fire Stick that it shows.
- Enter the code that shows on the TV into the app to finish pairing successfully.
- You can now operate the Fire Stick via your phone.
Why is my Firestick Not Working on my Samsung TV?
In some cases, pairing the two devices is complicated, however, go through the checklist below for some common issues and learn how to fix them.
- Often, outdated firmware is the issue. Download the latest firmware of your Samsung model from the Samsung website onto a USB flash drive. Plug it into your TV and download the firmware onto it. The updated settings are likely to run the Fire Stick now.
- The “Anynet+” option is not enabled on some devices, causing the two devices to lag. Enable it by following the steps detailed above.
- If your devices have a connection issue, go to the network settings to “forget” the Wi-Fi devices. Re-enter Wi-Fi credentials in both devices to rectify the network issue.
- Restart the two devices (disconnect and reconnect the Fire Stick) if there is a general sound/video disruption.
Check out some of the best Fire Stick bundles on Amazon now!
The Fire Stick is soon to become a device found in every household; therefore, it is essential to understand how to make it work with your device properly.
The many different intricacies of the Samsung devices may sometimes cause issues when pairing it with the Amazon Fire Stick.
However, most of the troubleshooting processes have been discussed in the guide allowing you to enjoy your devices peacefully.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.