Amazon Fire Stick is a small device that connects to the HDMI port of your device to open up a vast portal of entertainment. Firestick has instant access to movies, TV shows, music, games, apps, etc.
What to do when Amazon Fire Stick sign-in isn’t working? Restart your device. Press Select and Play/Pause at the same time on the remote for 10 seconds or disconnect the device from the power source and plug it back in after 60 seconds. Factory reset your Fire Stick. Long press the Back button and Right Arrow on the circle.
However, many users have faced a situation where they cannot sign into the fire stick using their amazon account. In case such a situation occurs, what should you do? Follow this blog for a detailed guide regarding how to defuse the situation. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Why Can I Not Sign Into My Amazon Account On My Firestick?
Inputting erroneous credentials is one of the most apparent reasons for failed login attempts. It is easy to forget and confuse your login credentials. If you are facing difficulty logging in, you could be entering incorrect account information. Here are some of the things that you could check:
- Email Address: Your email address should be in the correct format, [email protected] (or .net, .org, etc.). If you own more than one email address, make sure that you use the email address you have registered your amazon account with. It is equally important to enter the correct corresponding password combination.
- Mobile Phone Number: Amazon offers users the option to create accounts with mobile phone numbers as well. If you used your mobile phone number to register an account, you need to use your phone number to sign in to your account. The use of zero instead of country code is a standard error and results in an error. Instead, make sure that you use your country code in the phone number while logging in.
- Password: Check the status of the caps lock and num lock key on your keyboard. All passwords are case sensitive, so SENSITIVE and sensitive are recognized as two different passwords. So verify again that you are using the correct password. If the issue still prevails, try resetting the password using the ‘Reset Your Password’ option.
Users have also faced a complaint where the sign-in window gets stuck, and they cannot access any other window or application. Keep reading the blog to find out the solutions to these problems.
What To Do When Amazon Fire Stick Sign In Not Working?
Do you ever panic when an expensive device that you purchased starts malfunctioning? Some users have faced a complaint that their Amazon Fire Stick gets stuck at the sign-in screen. Follow these straightforward steps to get your Fire Stick up and running again.
1. Restart the Fire Stick
The simple act of restarting the Amazon Firestick is enough to remove all the temporary software errors responsible for the sign-in issue. There are 3 ways of restarting your device for you to choose from:
- Press Select and Play/Pause at the same time on the supplied remote control for 10 seconds.
- You can restart the device from the menu. To do this, you should select Settings, navigate to Device/My Fire TV, and then select Restart.
- You can also disconnect the power cord from the power outlet or the device’s back and plug it back in after 60 seconds.
Tip: Try using different ways to restart your Fire Stick to see which one will solve the issue.
2. Plug the Device In/Out
Simply unplugging your Fire Stick and then reconnecting it can help to get rid of some software glitches that were preventing it from letting you sign in.
- Unplug your Fire Stick from the HDMI port and remove the USB cable.
- Turn the TV off, unplug it from the wall.
- Wait for about 5 minutes.
- Plug everything back in.
- Follow the usual optimization process.
3. Give It Some Time
The first option is to wait on the stuck screen for around 25-20 minutes and see if it leads to anything. If your device is still stuck, proceed to the following few options.
4. Ensure a Proper Power Source
Sometimes, the Fire Stick is connected to a power source, but it does not offer enough power to perform efficiently. So make sure that you connect an adapter to it, connect it to a direct power source, and rerun it. It is always best to use Amazon’s original power cable and adapter.
5. Use a Different HDMI Port
Try to switch the HDMI port that you have connected your Fire Stick to. TVs generally have more than one HDMI port and if you are using an adapter, try to remove it and use the HDMI directly. Even if you can do this step with a different device, it will help us trace the glitch source to eliminate it effectively.
- Remove the Fire Stick from the HDMI port you are using.
- Try to use a different HDMI port on your TV.
- Make sure you have the Fire Stick plugged into a wall outlet(not a power strip).
6. Avoid Overheating
Over usage of the Fire Stick can cause it to overheat and malfunction as a result. Try to give your device adequate rest and clean the connections meanwhile. After the device has cooled down, try rerunning it.
7. Alternate your Devices
Try switching up your TV and Fire Stick device alternately. This process will allow you to know which of your devices is acting up, and it will help you trace the problem at its source.
If all else fails, your last remaining option is to factory reset the device. Read the following section to find out why and how you must carry the procedure.
8. Perform a Factory Reset
- Turn on your TV and Amazon Fire Stick device.
- Press and hold the Back and Right directional button on your Fire Remote at the same time for around 10 seconds.
- Wait for a pop-up to appear and when it does, click ‘Reset’.
- Wait another few minutes for the process to complete.
Remember that you will have to log into your Amazon account once again upon factory reset. Furthermore, you will also have to sign in to your other accounts set up on the fire stick (such as Netflix, prime, etc.) all over again.
After a factory reset, your device should start performing like a brand new device. If the problem persists, we recommend you take it to an amazon service center so that the amazon folks can run their diagnostic tests. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
If your Amazon Fire Stick device is causing glitches in the sign-in window, do not throw it away just yet. The chances are that this glitch is easily fixable. All you need to do is verify whether the login information you are using is correct. If the issue does not resolve, try factory resetting the device. A factory reset will most likely fix the glitch at the expense of losing all in-device memory.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.