If your computer monitor’s screen is too small, you can use your Vizio TV as your monitor. This is the right thing to do if you wish to increase the size of your viewing screen without spending a dollar. We’ve discovered proven tactics that will help you to do this.
So, how to use Vizio TV as a computer monitor? Connect your Vizio TV to the computer using an HDMI or VGA cable. Alternatively, use the TV’s built-in “Cast option” to connect it to the computer wirelessly.
Before you start, ensure the computer and TV have the appropriate connections. Keep reading for these features, the connection procedures, and more. Check out the best streaming sticks on Amazon that won’t let you down!
Can You Use Vizio TV as a Computer Monitor?
If the appropriate connections are available for your Vizio TV and computer, it’s a ‘yes.’ You can use an HDMI or VGA cable.
You should opt for an HDMI cable for excellent quality pictures, if possible. Alternatively, you can connect your computer to the Vizio TV wirelessly.
How to Use Vizio TV as a Computer Monitor?
Carefully evaluate the connections that your Vizio TV and computer have. To do so, check the graphics card outputs on your PC for the HDMI port. You can alternatively check your computer’s user manual.
You can use an HDMI cable if the HDMI input is available on the TV and an HDMI output on your computer’s graphics card.
If you consider a VGA connection, ensure that the TV has a VGA input. You’ll most likely find it on the lower, back right side of the TV.
Depending on your Vizio TV and computer features and your preference, choose one of the options below.
Option 1. Use HDMI
If you’ve discovered that the TV and computer support HDMI connections, you can follow the steps below:
- Check whether the computer is connected to any monitor. If it is, unplug it from all of them.
- Set the computer next to the Vizio TV.
- Re-plug all the necessary cables back into your computer.
- Plug the HDMI cable into the computer’s HDMI port and plug the remaining end into the TV’s HDMI port.
- Power on the Vizio TV. On the remote button, press the HDMI button until you find the HDMI input where you plugged in your computer.
You are now done. Once you turn on the computer, you’ll notice you’re using your Vizio TV as a computer monitor.
Option 2: Use VGA Cable
If your Vizio TV has a VGA input, here are the steps you should follow:
- Try detaching the VGA cable on your TV monitor’s back. If it doesn’t, buy a new one.
- Unplug your PC from the computer monitor.
- Set the computer next to the Vizio TV and then plug back any necessary cables into the computer.
- Plug the VGA cable into the computer and the TV.
- Power on the TV and press the Input button on the remote. Continue pressing until you find the “RGB” input.
Once you’ve arrived at the “RGB” input, you’re done. Turn on the computer expecting to see it displayed on the TV.
How to Use Vizio TV As a Computer Monitor Wirelessly?
If you don’t want to connect your Vizio TV to a computer monitor using a VGA cable, you can do so wirelessly. Some people also prefer wireless connectivity since it is simple, less costly, and helps to keep their living rooms tidy.
Whichever is your motivation, you can follow the steps below when you want to use your Vizio TV as a computer monitor wirelessly.
- Download and install the latest version of the Google Chrome browser to your computer.
- Connect the computer and your Vizio smart TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the Chrome browser on the computer.
- Go to the top right corner of your browser and select the three dots.
- From the list options, select Cast. See the ‘Cast to’ option in the middle of the screen, select the dropdown arrow, and select Cast desktop.
- Below Cast to, click on the Vizio TV option.
Once you do this, all the content on your computer should start displaying on your Vizio Smart TV. If that doesn’t work, your Wi-Fi signal could be weak. Try using a reliable Wi-Fi booster or seek professional help.
If you want to use one of the other methods we’ve seen above, do this:
- Go back to your Chrome browser.
- Select the Cast option.
- Once opened, click Stop.
Check out the best streaming sticks on Amazon that won’t let you down!
Using Vizio TV as a Computer Monitor
If your computer monitor is too small and you wish to increase your viewing screen without spending a dollar, you can do so. Follow the tips we’ve seen above to connect your computer to your Vizio TV using an HDMI or VGA cable.
Alternatively, you can use the TV’s cast option to connect it to the computer wirelessly.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.