While Amazon has an excellent reputation for creating dependable tech products, even Amazon products are prone to malfunctioning from time to time. A common issue with the Amazon Fire TV Stick is getting stuck on a “home is currently unavailable” screen instead of streaming. Thankfully, there are a few ways to fix this issue.
What to do when Fire Stick says home currently unavailable? Check your WiFi and Network connection. Reset your router if necessary. Move your router closer to the device. Restart your Fire Stick. Try using these 3 methods:
- Press Select and Play/Pause at the same time on the remote control for 10 seconds.
- Restart the device from the menu. Select Settings>My Fire TV>Restart.
- Unplug your Fire Stick from the wall, wait for 60 seconds, plug it back in.
Keep reading to learn more about the different methods for fixing this issue with your Amazon Fire TV Stick. This article will also cover some tips and frequently asked questions. Check out the list of the best streaming devices on Amazon now!
Methods for Fixing the Home Is Currently Unavailable Display
This issue is typically easy to fix, although it may take a while to figure out what needs to be reset or disconnected. Most people have found that the same solution works if this problem happens again, so hopefully, one of these methods will save you time in the future.
1. Do a Basic Reset
A basic reset for your Amazon Fire TV Stick is the simplest solution to a home is currently unavailable screen glitch. There are 3 ways to do that.
- Press the center and play buttons at the same time, and hold them down for about five seconds until the Amazon Fire TV Stick restarts.
- Restart the device from the menu if you can get to it. Select Settings>My Fire TV>Restart.
- Unplug your Fire Stick from the wall, wait for 60 seconds, plug it back in.
Tips: The center button is the large, circular button on the remote that has no symbols. You will know the Fire Stick has restarted when the screen goes dark and then the logo pops up. Try using different methods of restarting listed here. You might need to restart a few times.
2. Reset All Connections
If resetting the Fire Stick does not work, your next best bet is to reset the other items with a connection to the Fire Stick.
- Unplug your Fire Stick from the HDMI port and remove the USB cable.
- Turn the TV off, unplug it from the wall.
- Wait for about 5 minutes.
- Plug everything back in.
- Follow the usual optimization process.
3. Check your Network Settings
If all the resetting options did not work for you, the next step is to check your Network and see if it needs any alterations.
- Go to Network Settings.
- Go to See all Networks.
- Scroll all the way down and click Rescan.
- Do a fresh rescan of all the wireless networks.
- You should be able to see your device in the list.
- Connect to it.
Tips: You need to make sure your security type is set to WPA 2 PSK, which is the right security type for the Fire Stick and your router to work normally.
4. Forget the Network
Now that we have done a fresh scan of all the available networks, the next step is to try to forget your WiFi network altogether and reestablish the connection. If you click on your network and it connects you right away without asking for a password, follow these steps:
- Use the Fire Stick remote to navigate to the Settings menu.
- Select the Network option.
- Locate your network and press the Menu button (3 bars button) for more options.
- Choose the option to forget the network and confirm your choice by pressing the Select button.
- Reestablish the connection by entering your password.
5. Restart your Router
Sometimes your router might be the cause of the issue because your FireStick needs a good WiFi signal to work. Follow the steps below to reset your router:
- Press the reset button on your router and let it fully boot up before establishing the connection with your Fire Stick.
- Unplug your router from the wall, wait for a few minutes, plug it back in. Wait for it to establish a proper connection.
6. Switch HDMI Ports
Sometimes, if this problem happens a lot, a bad HDMI port or cable may be causing the issue.
- Remove the Fire Stick from the HDMI port you are using.
- Try to use a different HDMI port on your TV.
- Make sure you have the Fire Stick plugged into a wall outlet(not a power strip).
Tips: Since most HDMI cables look the same, be sure to mark the one that no longer works if that is the issue. Otherwise, you might dispose of the wrong cable. Wire ties or cable ties are good for marking faulty HDMI cables.
7. Deregister and Reregister
Redoing your Amazon Fire TV Stick’s registration is another common method for fixing this issue if all of the above does not work.
- Go to the Fire TV menu and select Settings.
- From there, select My Account, Amazon Account, and Deregister.
- Confirm this choice by clicking Deregister once more.
- Once the screen is done loading, it should display the Registration page.
- Sign back into your Amazon account to reregister your Fire Stick.
Tips: Unlike most of these other methods, you do not have to wait a specific amount of time to reregister your Amazon Fire TV Stick. You should be safe to do so immediately.
8. Update Your Fire Stick
This is always a good thing to check on a regular basis regardless of whether you have any issues or not.
If there were some updates released but your device didn’t get them for some reason, it may cause some glitches, like the home page is unavailable. To update your Fire Stick, go to Settings>My Fire TV>About>Check for System Updates.
9. Reset the Fire Stick to Factory Settings
If nothing else has worked so far, the last thing to do is to reset your device to factory settings, which will delete all the stored data from it.
- On your Fire TV, go to Settings(hold down the Home key on the remote or go to the home screen’s top to find this).
- Select My Fire TV(If you have an older Fire Stick, you see it labeled Device or System).
- Select Reset to Factory Defaults(when asked for your PIN, enter it).
- Click Reset.
10. Contact Customer Support
If none of the other methods listed here fix your Amazon Fire TV Stick’s screen display, the problem may be more serious than a simple glitch.
- You can contact Amazon’s customer support number (1-888-280-4331) for a thorough analysis of the problem. They may ask you to ship the Fire Stick back for examination.
Frequently Asked Questions
These are the most common questions that people ask related to a home is currently unavailable problem. They found the following information helpful:
Can This Be Fixed Without a Remote?
Yes. If you do not know what has happened to your remote, some of the above methods can still be done with the Amazon Fire TV app instead.
This app is free, and you can download it onto a Kindle Fire or most cell phones.
You can also use a reset method where you just need to unplug your Fire Stick from the wall and plug it back in after 60 seconds. No remote is needed.
Will These Methods Also Fix a Stuck Fire TV Logo?
Yes, many of these same methods will also fix a stuck Fire TV logo, as both issues tend to be the result of a screen glitch. The Amazon Fire TV app works for using the methods mentioned for this issue, as well. Check out the list of the best streaming devices on Amazon now!
Most of the time, when your Amazon Fire TV Stick displays a home is currently unavailable message instead of streaming videos, the issue is simply a screen glitch. Resetting the product or everything connected to your Fire Stick tends to fix the problem.
Sometimes, a faulty HDMI port or cable may also be the source of your issue. Be sure to mark a faulty cable, as HDMI cables are easy to mix up. Every now and then, the problem is more serious, so contact customer service if none of these other solutions solve your issue.
Fortunately, most of these fixes are simple and will not cost you anything. You do not even have to use the Amazon Fire TV Stick’s remote if you choose to get their app.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.