The Home Mini is the latest part of a long line of smart speakers that have been released in the past two years. The Mini is a much smaller version of the Google Home speaker. It costs less too, a whole lot less! It shares the same capabilities as its larger counterpart; however, it seems to have minor technological issues.
Why is your Google Home Mini not connecting to WiFi? It can happen due to improper setup, connectivity/WiFi issues, outdated software, distance from the router, recent changes to the network. The best way to solve the problem is to reset your device. Unplug both the router and the speakers. Let them be unplugged for a couple of minutes, and then plug them in again.
This can be a result of using newer technologies without testing them a lot. We can expect Google to increase the quality of their smart devices once they see how these new devices do in the market. For the time being, the existing problems can be solved manually through the solutions in this article. Check out the best Google Home Mini deals on Amazon now!
Why Won’t My Google Home Mini Connect To WIFI?
- Connectivity is the main thing with a smart wireless speaker. It cannot run without a proper Wi-Fi connection since all its tasks depend on it communicating information to Google and then receiving information from Google to relay it to your ears. If the device does not connect to the Wi-Fi, then it will be completely useless.
- There can be a couple of reasons why the new Google Home Mini will not connect to your Wi-Fi network. The most common reason for this problem is the setup. Sometimes the device is not properly set up using the Google Home app, which causes the device to malfunction sometimes. However, there can be more issues, and it is valuable to learn about more issues as each issue has a different fix.
- Sometimes using outdated apps and devices can cause an issue with connectivity. If you are using an Android device, it should run an Android OS 6.0 or higher. If you are using an Apple device, then it should be running an IOS 12.0 or higher. If you have an operating system lower than the ones mentioned, then the app will not work correctly, causing connectivity issues. Also, check if you are running the most up-to-date version of the “Google Home” app. Google keeps adding new features and fixing their bugs so that issues like this one do not occur. If you do not have the latest version, go to the play store, and update your app.
- Another reason why your Google Home Mini might not connect to the Wi-Fi is due to the distance. Sometimes the speaker is too far away from the router. Sometimes the signals are shown on the app, but the distance makes it too hard for the speaker to sustain the connection. Depending on the type of router, you would have to move your speakers to a more convenient place in your house.
- If you or your Internet Service Provider (ISP) has made any recent changes to the network, then that may also hinder the Google Home Mini from connecting with the router. All of these reasons are pretty common, and only one might be the cause for your problem. The steps to fix your issues are given below.
How To Fix Google Home Mini Not Connecting To WIFI?
Since there can be a couple of things that can be wrong, there are a couple of fixes to the problems explained above. The following steps describe those fixes. However, you need to follow the order of the steps as the easiest and common fixes come first. Applying the first few fixes will hopefully allow your Home Mini to connect to the Wi-Fi. If the first few steps do not fix it, you can move to the more severe steps.
- Check for updates for the “Google Home” app and your operating system. If you have an operating system of above 6.0 on Android, you can go ahead with the steps. If not, you should try with a device that fits the eligible list of operating systems.
- The most common step in fixing technological issues is to reset the devices in play. So, the first thing to do over here is to unplug both the router and the speakers. Let them be unplugged for a couple of minutes, and then plug them in again. If the speaker still refuses to connect, you can move on to the next step.
- Move the speaker closer to the router to check if it connects or not. If it still does not connect, you can rule out distance being a problem and move on to the next step.
- If you or your ISP has made any changes to the network (like changing the password), you would have to remove the network from the speaker and re-enter it. From the app, select the device and go to its Wi-Fi options. Forget your current network and re-click it to enter your password again. If it does not work, you can go to the next step.
- Try to set the smart device on dual bands (2.4 and 5 GHz) if you have a dual-band router. Most of the time, the problem lies in these new smart devices being more stringent on what type of connection they are getting. If it is on the 5GHz band, then it probably would not connect. If this fails, too, then you should apply the last step.
- The last step entails the strictest fix. You should reboot the entire device by clicking on the device from the app and going to its settings. Click the “three dots” on the top right side in the settings to find the reboot option. Click that option and follow the on-screen instructions to successfully reboot your device.
Why Won’t My Google Home Mini Connect To My Phone?
There can be other reasons for this, but most of the time, the reasons for the Home Mini not connecting to the phone are the same as the device not connecting to the Wi-Fi. You have to be in the same room as the device and make sure your Bluetooth option is on. After doing those two, follow the steps above to troubleshoot and fix this problem. If all the steps do not work for you, you can connect to the speakers through your mobile phone’s Wi-Fi settings. Find the network named “GoogleXXXX” (where XXXXX is a random number) and connect to it. This is an alternative to the Google Home app, which tends to malfunction sometimes.
Why Won’t My Google Home Connect To The App?
If the smart device is not showing up on the Google Home App, it is probably because you have not followed the requirements to complete the connection. Check your Bluetooth option and how far away you are from the device. If you follow all the requirements, then apply the troubleshooting steps given above. These six steps are likely to fix your issue. Check out the best Google Home Mini deals on Amazon now!
It is nice to see that Google is filling the market with affordable smart devices and competing with other companies. However, since such devices use relatively newer AI technologies, it can take some time before Google perfects the devices. Till then, you can read this guide and apply the steps to make the device perfect for yourself.