When you purchase a smart LG TV, you might wish to add third-party apps that make watching your programs enjoyable.
How can you install third-party apps on your LG smart TV?
Press the Home button on your remote →select Premium Apps→choose and open the app that you want→TV will download and install it automatically. You can stream content on LG TV using different third-party apps that are allowed by the company’s app store or through an additional box-like firestick.
Although streaming content on TV has not been easy, you can learn installing 3rd party apps on LG smart TV. On LG, it could be better to install apps that would be supported by the HDMI ports and those supported by the company’s app store.
How To Add Apps on LG Smart TV
You might need an internet connection to access WebOS on smart LG TV, and you connect the TV to an internet connection. You can open the LG content store, where you find plenty of movies, shows, and apps.
1)How to add the apps you want, first steps:
- Hit the Home button on your remote control.
- Access pre-installed apps that could have already been installed by clicking on the TV.
- To access the additional apps on LG TV use LG content store visible on the menu.
2)Choose content on the store:
- LG content store has varied items that can be downloaded, the content on the store includes apps and movies, and TV shows that you could not assess on normal TV. Apps on the store section of the LG could be on the top row. It could also be positioned on the right-hand side on the LG content store site.
3)Download the app from the store:
- You first search the specific app, and once you find the desired App, you click and download it to your TV. You can further install it on the TV as the “Install’’ button is visible, and when you select the button, you immediately get the App installed on your LG TV. The install button could turn into a launch access key, which makes it easier for you to access the app on the TV.
When an app has been downloaded, it could easily be visible on the LG smart TV as well as the app section on the site. You could also use a netcast operating system for app download on a smart LG TV, on the home page, you also have a quick menu for the app section. You could go ahead and download the apps on the premium section and install them on the smart LG TV.
Can You Install Third-Party Apps On LG Smart TV? Which models?
You would stream third party content on LG smart TVs using extensions such as Firebrick, some of the models that allow you to stream the third party content include LG OLED, LG Nano Cell, and LG UHD TV. You could download apps that are allowed by the LG Company on these TVs, but with an extension, you could stream third party content. You can find more useful info on Amazon Firestick here.
The LG operating system could let you manage, access, and view content online over an internet connection. You might not need additional box-like Firestick since the TV is smart, and the company could make it possible to access the third-party apps as LG operates its platform called WebOS. When you access the WebOS, you could access different apps, games, and music unique to LG.
Uninstalling Apps on LG Smart TV
When you feel like the app that you have on your SMART LG TV does not serve its purpose, or when you do not like it anymore, you can uninstall it.
- Access the edit mode, which helps you move the App down and up the length of the scrolling ribbon.
- Find the edit mode by using the right and left buttons on your remote.
- Delete the unwanted App on the smart LG TV by selecting the X over the individual app tile.
- When you select the X, which could be highlighted on the App, it helps you delete the App.
- For the TV app to delete, it could ask you to confirm the deletion. When you select yes on the deletion process, it confirms that you want to delete the App. One done with the deletion of the TV app, you could exit the edit mode.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What apps are available for LG Smart TV?
Apps available for LG smart TV are on WebOS, and you could find apps and content that will meet your needs. Some of these apps on WebOS include Netflix, Amazon Video, YouTube, Hulu, and many more. You could also get Channel Plus at WebOS, and the apps have family-friendly content, independent films, and other top-rated shows.
Does LG TV have a Google Play store?
LG TV supports Google Video Play store content and WebOS plans on getting an app for Google play movies and TV that could be running on your LG smart TV.
Can I install APK on LG Smart TV?
You can install an app on LG smart TV through their website the WebOS, and these are apps that are authorized by the company. You could, however, stream third content using extensions on the TV.
Can WebOS run Android apps?
WebOS can run on the android app, and you could download it on your android phone to enjoy your favorite shows.
Although LG smart TV could require you to install apps that are on WebOS ONLY, you could access third-party apps through extensions such as Firebrick. You could use the internet to download apps on WebOS; when you click on the menu, it will give you the different LG smart TV app that is downloadable. You click on the LG smart TV apps that you need to download and install them and launch them for quick asses. When you no longer need the apps, you may uninstall it by following the procedure on the WebOS. WebOS is flexible, and you could assess it on android giving you versatility when downloading the LG smart TV apps.