Connecting AirPods to your LG TV is the single best way to improve your listening experience. There are plenty of ways to pair these devices. All you need to do is choose the best way to connect them.
How to connect AirPods to LG TV? Turn on and pair Bluetooth on these devices. Alternatively, use a two-in-one wireless adapter that functions through its RCA audio cable and comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack cable. Plug the headphone jack into the right port behind your LG TV and then connect your AirPods.
The procedures required to connect AirPods to LG TV are the same as those needed to pair them with Apple TV, iPhone, and other Apple devices. Read on for more. Check out the best streaming sticks on Amazon that won’t let you down!
Do Apple AirPods Work With LG TV?
Yes, AirPods work as regular Bluetooth devices. This means they can work with any Bluetooth-compatible device, including smart TVs.
You need to first pair your LG TV to AirPods via Bluetooth and then select Bluetooth in the speaker/audio output settings.
Also, you can follow the same steps required to pair AirPods with various Apple devices to connect your AirPod to your LG TV successfully.
How to Connect Airpods to LG TV?
We have said that there are plenty of ways to do this. In this article, we focus on the two most common alternatives. These are:
If you prefer to use your LG TV’s Bluetooth settings, do the following:
- Navigate to the TV’s Settings.
- Tap on the Bluetooth icon to get its relevant settings.
- Open the AirPod’s case lids.
- After that, press the button located at the case’s back.
- Hold the same button down until the status light blinks white.
- When your AirPod symbol appears on the TV’s Bluetooth list, click on it.
- That’s all. Your LG TV should pair with your Airpod.
If you’re like most owners of the latest LG TVs, your TV is Bluetooth-enabled outside the box. So, the steps you should follow differ slightly, as shown below.
- On the TV, go to Settings.
- Click on the sound and then Sound Out.
- Tap on Bluetooth.
- Select your device (AirPods).
- Ensure the device is in pairing mode when completing the linking.
If you’re trying to connect AirPods to LG TV via Apple TV (Apple TV devices like Apple TV 4K), do this:
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to Remote and Devices.
- Choose Bluetooth
- Once your AirPods appear, choose Connect Device.
If you want to connect via Fire TV, do this:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Go to Controllers and Bluetooth Devices.
- Proceed to Other Bluetooth Devices.
- Select AirPods once you see them on the drop-down menu.
You can connect your AirPods to your LG TV without turning on and pairing Bluetooth on the devices. Here are the steps you can follow to do so:
- Get a Two-In-One Wireless Adapter. This device functions through its RCA audio cable and comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack cable.
- Plug the headphone jack into the right port behind your LG TV. Ensure the device is in transmitter mode and then hold the power button for approximately 3 seconds.
- Connect Your AirPods. Open up the AirPod’s lid and then hold the pairing button at the pod’s back in the pairing mode. Double-tap the power button on the adapter that you set up on the TV in the beginning.
Why Do Airpods Keep Disconnecting From LG TV?
AirPods are advanced entertainment solutions, but they can disconnect from LG TVs for a wide variety of reasons.
Some of these are easy to fix, while others are not. Before you attempt to fix this issue, ensure you know the potential culprits. Here are the most common ones:
Airpods are highly vulnerable to Bluetooth interference. So, if other devices operate on the same wavelength near your AirPod, you are likely to experience a variety of issues, including disconnection.
Problems with iOS Version
Using out-of-date iOS versions increases your vulnerability to bugs that the latest updates have already fixed.
Few anomalies in your Bluetooth settings are enough to cause you a lot of pain as the connection keeps disconnecting.
All wireless devices consume a lot of energy to perform well.
Your AirPods fall under this category, so you should ignore the possibility of low power being the main culprit.
Once the device runs flat, it will start disconnecting automatically from your paired LG TV. If this happens randomly, your battery is almost depleted.
Incompatible Bluetooth Versions
AirPods typically do great work when connected with Bluetooth 5.0 LG TVs and other devices.
If your LG TV uses an older Bluetooth version, your Apple AirPods automatically downgrades their connection to match your audio device.
In other words, your AirPods will work as if they aren’t connected to a device with the right version of the Bluetooth device.
The firmware 6.8.8 update offers a great example of how firmware updates can affect the functionality of your AirPods. Several audio problems emerged immediately after the update.
Users of 1st generation AirPods still experience this problem.
Issue with Hardware
If your software is in the best working order, you might be right to suspect that the problem sits within your AirPods electronics.
This can be the case particularly if the device has suffered physical damage in the past.
How to Stop AirPods From Disconnecting From LG TV?
Here are relatively simple ways to stop your AirPods from disconnecting from your LG TV:
1. Check Your AirPod’s Battery Using the Battery Widget
- Remove the AirPods out of their cage.
- Click on the Bluetooth icon in Mac’s menu bar (You’ll see the current battery percentage of each earbud and the case).
If you can’t see the Bluetooth symbol. Go to System Preferences and then to Bluetooth. After that, click “Show Bluetooth in menu.”
Alternatively, you can check the battery of your AirPods on iOS. To so, you should:
- Ensure the AirPods are inside their case and open the lid. After that, hold them as close to your device as possible.
- Wait for a few seconds for the remaining charge to appear on the screen.
2. Ensure Your Bluetooth is Enabled
Go to the Bluetooth Settings and check whether it is on. If it is enabled but the issue persists, do this:
- Turn your Bluetooth off.
- After a few seconds, turn it on.
This is the simplest way to ensure that the closest compatible devices connect ahead of the rest.
If you want to enable Bluetooth on an iPad or iPhone, you follow these steps:
- On the iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Go to Bluetooth.
- Toggle the Bluetooth switch to the right.
You can enable it on Pc by doing this:
- Go to the Start button and right-click on it.
- Left-click on Settings.
- Click on Devices.
- Toggle the switch on the right.
3. Return the AirPods in the Case
When you put your AirPods in the case, they begin charging. This automatically removes paired connections. After 5 seconds, put them back in your ears.
4. Update iOS Version
Keep your LG TV and AirPods updated. To do so, you should:
- Go to Settings
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Navigate to your AirPods in the devices list.
- Beside them, tap the ‘i’ icon.
- Connect your AirPods to your iPhone with your WIFI on.
5. Turn off Automatic Ear detection
You should test whether your AirPods work better without this feature. To do so, follow these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Go to Bluetooth on your iOS device.
- Tap the ‘i’ next to your AirPods.
- Turn off Automatic Ear Detection.
6. Eliminate Bluetooth Interference
Remove devices that operate on the same wavelength as your AirPods away from the device. For the best results, ensure your TV uses Bluetooth 5.0.
7. Call an Expert
Unless you are an expert on this subject, you shouldn’t attempt to fix issues with hardware. Check out the best streaming sticks on Amazon that won’t let you down!
Connecting AirPods to LG TV
Now that you’ve seen the best ways to connect AirPods to your LG TV and stop your AirPods from disconnecting from the TV, you can enjoy quality audio that’s free of disconnections.
If you’ve followed the tips above, let us know whether it has improved your listening experience.
Hi there, technology lovers! My name is James, I am an admin and a frequent writer for this blog. I am a techno-geek, so this blog is the place where I want to share all my knowledge with you to make your life a little bit easier in terms of dealing with technology.